Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just reading some responses to another thread about some riders who were going like 50 mph than the posted speed limit while lane splitting. and there was a debate about the possible punishments. here is the way i look at it and hopefully i can get an idea of how other people think about it.
if you know a specific action is dangerous or life threatening (like pulling a wheelie while towards a stop light or lane splitting at 100mph) and the worst happens, then you deserve the consequences of those actions. i read a couple months ago of some rider who died becuase he wheelied up to a light and put it down and ran into the intersection and got jizwaxed. some people defended that no one deserves to die. i disagree. if you know the possible consequences of said action & you willingly display a wanton disregard for it anyway, then you deserved it. you knew it was a possibility and you still took your chances. how else would you have it? i think maybe i need a little clarification on the other side of it, u think or do most of you agree with me?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Oh lord no, not this again. :confused:

I understand you want to voice your opinions but this is a topic that always ends up the same way. The people who think they deserve to die won't change their mindset, and the people who think the opposite aren't going to magically change sides. It's really not worth arguing. People will still reply I'm sure, and you will get a decent argument at first, and then it will all go down into a shitty pissing match.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, kinda new to this message board thing. i figured it might just become a semantic debate. nevermind i guess

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
People will die. Whether they deserve it or not is of no concern to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NoChickenStrips said:
if you know a specific action is dangerous or life threatening (like pulling a wheelie while towards a stop light or lane splitting at 100mph) and the worst happens, then you deserve the consequences of those actions.
Riding is dangerous. By your own logic you deserve to die. Good luck with that.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Dude, dying is the worst.

And, ever notice that firefighter always gets the first word in?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Haha, well when you work night shift and only actually work for maybe an hour of it, it's not hard to get first cracks :flipa

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Deserve...No...

Found what they were looking for...Yes...

I have a shirt that sums it up...

The back of the shirt says-->What do you call a person with no fear??--->An ambulance..

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree with you 100%. We all make decisions in life and we have to live or die by them. No one is to blame but yourself. I'll never feel sorry for the people who crash while stunting on public roads, or people who drive WELL over the speed limit and crash. You get what you ask for.

Same is true for smokers. People have the right to make their own decisions. We have known for twenty years that smoking is hazardous to ones health. If you smoke get sick and die, the only people I feel bad for is the family. Suing the cigarrette companies in my opinion is a joke... take responsibility for your own actions.

I choose to ride a motorcycle even though I know it's dangerous. It's a risk just like so many others I take in any given day. If something were to happen to me it was no ones fault but my own.

Just my opinion... take care!

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
no one deserves to die, but everyone should be held responsible for thier actions. IMO

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
i agree. it'd be a shame if someone died in a lowside in the twisties, but going 20-30+ over the posted limit into the turns means you deserve to die right? and wheelieing on a lone stretch of highway means you deserve to die if you wreck...nah i disagree with you

·
Registered
183 Posts
In my mind - "Deserve to Die" is for people who commit murder, rape, screw with children, etc etc etc...

So by that measure, speeders/stuntaz do not "deserve" to die.

Yet, there's definitely degrees of stupidity.

- The relatively simple act of riding through a 35MPH turn doing 70 could be pretty stupid. But that depends on the rider's knowledge/skill level/equipment and road conditions. Even an experienced rider wouldn't get away with that if last night's thunderstorm had washed gravel on the road. Yet we *all* do that sooner or later, and we *all* get away with it.

- Trying to keep up with those mythical 'fast guys' when you're a newbie and don't have that skill level is stupid. It's even more stupid if you've been riding long enough to know better but do it anyways. We all have our comfort zones for a reason.

- Blasting up to 120, 140, 160, or whatever could be pretty bad, depending on your choice of venue... I'm sure many of us (myself included) can and have gotten away with it.

- But doing a highchair wheelie at 80MPH while lanesplitting is *asking* for something bad to happen. If you ride like this and you get hurt, then you should expect ZERO sympathy. Why?? Because an accident is an easily forseeable consequence of your actions.

If you ride like this, get hurt, and post what happened, you shoudl damned well expect to be ridiculed accordingly. Again - A forseeable consequence.

My $0.02...

Scott :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Deserve to die? Nah..., just consider it the thinning of the herd.

I'm just making light of it..., in honesty, all I think they deserve is to forego their ability to turn damage done into their insurance company..., that way, people like me, with 4 pts (2 5mph speeding tickets) aren't quoted $2800/yr to fully-insure a 600.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ctrl Phreak said:
Riding is dangerous. By your own logic you deserve to die. Good luck with that.
Getting out of BED is dangerous....SO by your interpretation of his logic, you deserve to die too.....live with that.

Doing stupidly dangerous shit, when the consequences definately can involve death( such as riding 120, splitting lanes in heavy traffic), well - death is waiting for you.......and you deserve it IF it comes......hell, you deserve ANY consequence that comes your way.

Death comes to everyone, how fast you get there depends on how you go out looking for it(mostly)......but and I quote "Control is an illusion you infantile egomaniac. No one knows what's gonna happen next....not on a road, in our own bodies, and definately not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs."

Your ego, 9x outta 10, will get you in more dire straights then you are ready to handle.......don't expect the results to be user freindly.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't think anyone really has a right to judge anyone else. No one deserve to die for driving recklessly, I know that the public looks at us as a whole so it does piss us off when we see someone doing something stupid b/c it confirms the way the public looks at us, but it's going to be that way and I don't think it's going to change. Everyone will have to be responsible for their actions one day, but for me to judge whether someone deserves to die sorry that's not my place.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Just because you make a mistake or do something stupid doesn't mean you deserve to die. You are pushing your luck and you might have it coming but deserve I say no. You're taking extra risks that could lead to death that's all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Deserve....nah. "Asked for it" YUP...

I feel no pity for those that put themselves above thier family and the public...

I DO feel for that families of these selfish asses...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok... I know I'm probably gonna get blasted for this... but a quote from a book I read says it all it basicly says ...

don't be so quick to deal out death... just because you think they deserve it... there are so many are dead that deserve to live... can you give that to them?

now can you guess what book :twofinger

1 - 20 of 29 Posts