Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is YOUR definition of a squid? :spank

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
What I dont want to be.

What raises my insurance rate on my sportbikes.

What gives sportbike riders a bad image.

What pisses off car drivers. The majority lawmakers.

What urges little kids to ask if I do stunts on my bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Squid
12 up, 2 down
click to vote

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'

By this definition does one have to fit ALL the criteria? If one has a chrome or anodized part with out being young would he/she still be a said squid?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
hahahah! I love that, it describes SO many ppl I know. I have to print that out and when they aren't looking, I'll set it on their bikes... :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Pulling wheelies around anyone. No gear. Wana be racers on the street.

<--- Here's me being a squid with full-gear on. Mind you, this road is a one way road that's always empty.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Squids are what make honest riders like myself pissed off to no end. Pretty much everything Squid Killer said. I hate squids, they come in all ages, all sizes, all sexes, but most seem to be punk male kids who think they are the coolest thing on two wheels because they can ride for a couple hundred feet on one wheel (whooptie frikken doo) or they can stop on one wheel. A MOTORCYCLE HAS TWO WHEELS, THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! USE BOTH OF YOUR WHEELS! Doing a wheelie/stoppie (especially when wearing no gear) doesn't make you look cool to anyone except little kids who haven't even hit puberty yet, and other squids. Just die, please, all of you, do the rest of us a favor and take yourselves out of the gene pool, mankind will be better without you.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I ride to ride but I don't have any gear but a helmet & gloves...does that make me 3 parts squid and 2 parts rider? Is there such thing as a cross bred squid? What about my friend's second cousin's uncle on his father's side was known to be a squid so that makes me semi-squidly?

·
Registered
109 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
I ride to ride but I don't have any gear but a helmet & gloves...does that make me 3 parts squid and 2 parts rider? Is there such thing as a cross bred squid? What about my friend's second cousin's uncle on his father's side was known to be a squid so that makes me semi-squidly?
That is somewhat my question. I like chrome, will do a wheelie for my own amusement, and have anodized parts on my bike. My bike is custom painted. (a proven fact that bright colors are more visible) I like to look good when I ride. But I go through 3 sets of tires in 4 months...think chicken strip if you want to. Can drag a knee if I choose to. I wear gear 95% of the time but have been known to go to South Carolina to let the wind blow through my baldness on occasion. Does that make me a squid?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
kyoung said:
I wear gear 95% of the time but have been known to go to South Carolina to let the wind blow through my baldness on occasion. Does that make me a squid?
Riding without a helmet is squidly, even if you do it once, it's just plain and simple a bad idea.

·
Registered
109 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Riding without a helmet is squidly, even if you do it once, it's just plain and simple a bad idea.
It might be a bad idea I agree, but it is a choice. I hate the behavior of wheeling in a crowd, endangering others lives, slowing the traffic on the interstate so a lane is clear to race...that is demeaning to our sport. But if I ride with out a helmet I am only endangering my own life, not yours not anyone elses; mine. To say that I am a "squid" because of it is rather sweeping. My other behaviors are not "squidly".

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
kyoung said:
That is somewhat my question. I like chrome, will do a wheelie for my own amusement, and have anodized parts on my bike. My bike is custom painted. (a proven fact that bright colors are more visible) I like to look good when I ride. But I go through 3 sets of tires in 4 months...think chicken strip if you want to. Can drag a knee if I choose to. I wear gear 95% of the time but have been known to go to South Carolina to let the wind blow through my baldness on occasion. Does that make me a squid?
I wouldn't label you as a squid. You are just a rider...period!! :)

To me it's someone who rides with no regards for others including themselves. Now I think many of us could be accused of "squidly behavior" and if anyone says no to that then...I suppose you have never ever gone over any speed limit anywhere!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
The idea of riding without a helmet scares the crap out of me, and I am not a fearful person.
I respect that thought. The idea of getting on a roller coaster scares the crap out of me so I choose not to get on one. The idea of crossing the street around the Arc De Triumph in Paris scares me so I take the underground route back and forth.
Choices that do not endanger others is alright in America.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know its stupid but I tried riding around the development where I live yesterday with no helmet to see what the big deal was. Even though I had sunglasses on my eyes started watering at 20 mph and a bug hit me in the forehead and it hurt like hell....no thanks I will keep my helmet on. I don't know how you guys wear full leathers in the summer heat though. I wear my helmet, gloves, and a mesh jacket in the summer and that gets really hot when stopped in traffic...

·
Registered
109 Posts
qwik huh said:
I know its stupid but I tried riding around the development where I live yesterday with no helmet to see what the big deal was. Even though I had sunglasses on my eyes started watering at 20 mph and a bug hit me in the forehead and it hurt like hell....no thanks I will keep my helmet on. I don't know how you guys wear full leathers in the summer heat though. I wear my helmet, gloves, and a mesh jacket in the summer and that gets really hot when stopped in traffic...

I wear goggles that fit around my eyes. That is the key. I would reccomend a helmet but once in a while... :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts