Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Love It!

I got rid of my 2007 FZ6 a few months ago and bought a 2009 Monster. I wanted to try a different bike style and different engine configuration. I will miss the FZ6 it was a heck of a good bike, easy to work on and pretty darn comfortable. The monster is a bit more fun and since my commute doesn’t involve highway riding anymore the bike is a good fit. I will say I have to pick my route carefully because she does not enjoy sitting still.

Here is a picture of the old bike when I got her:

Old bike before selling:

New bike:

Mods up coming are: woodcraft rearsets (should be in today), CNC conical bar clamps (if motivation ever gets them in..), Rizoma conical bars (sitting in the garage for about 3-4 weeks… since I ordered the clamps).. then a fair amount of powder coating.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Welcome to Monstering! I've been very happy with mine for the last 20 years.

PhilB

Reactions: fx4210

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it's been a blast thus far!

I haven't taken it on any trips and I wonder how a naked bike would do for distance. If you don't mind, how do naked bikes compare for distance traveling?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Just stay on the back roads like they're designed for! The wind can get annoying at 80mph and over, so long highway stints can wear on you

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Beautiful! Monsters are a load of fun.

Now change your profile...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
odd, I dig the red footpegs.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts

I haven't taken it on any trips and I wonder how a naked bike would do for distance. If you don't mind, how do naked bikes compare for distance traveling?
It depends on how the bike fits you, and how far you've gotten at building up the right muscles. The limiting factor for me used to be my neck; it would get tired holding my head/helmet up when cruising at 85+, but over time even that's gone away and I can cruise at over 100 for a couple hours easily (if the road and LEOs let me).

I like traveling on the Monster. 500 to 600 miles a day is pretty easy; more than that takes some planning and intent. I've had mine to 34 states so far. I'm hoping to do a documented 1000-mile day this summer, just because I think it would be cool to have an IBA plate frame on a Monster.

PhilB

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I rode my XJR1300 to Corpus Christi TX twice, and I rode my XT600R to the Tail of the Dragon...

Definitely doable...

And I had a lot of fun doing it...

Whiny people will whine...

I <3 USS CV-16

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Even the Cookie Monster agrees windshields are for whiny people...

Reactions: PhilB
1 - 12 of 12 Posts