Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
245 Posts
but i was ebay, i would shut down that auction

for one, yes "read all terms"

but if you read the payment it asks for 500 dollars deposit. as if he was selling a car.

And his ebay title mentions a vehicle that runs and not a picture of a vehicle that runs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As the old saying goes, 'if it seems to good to be true, it probably is'. I always read auctions several times when they seem to be priced cheaply - just for this reason.

Most often, on auctions without a Reserve, the Seller will end the auction early when he/she does not get the price they thought would be reached. That is when I get fairly pissed - when I am the Highest bidder at that point. :mad:

·
Banned
245 Posts
or they jack up the shipping cost because they didn't get what they wanted.

btw, this started into a flame war last time, and they shut down the thread.

All because some people thought its okay to jack up shipping cost (handeling) when they didn't get the money they expected.

Ive also noticed. If something doesn't sell the first week. It will be relisted the 2nd week, and sell for higher then the first weeks price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
looks like a thinly vailed ad for the company....I've heard this practice is getting popular with businesses...run auctions that are really just business ads...include the business name, phone, address, then put something silly up for auction that no one actually wants but word it such that it gets tons of hits...a cheap alternative to running news paper ads or tv commercials.

Ebay becomes more poluted every day...

·
Banned
245 Posts
i hate when businesses list 5000 of the same product on ebay.

Do a search and you gotta scroll down the same fawking item to the real ebay seller items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts