Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago and looking for some good raods to travel. Looking for nice views and open roads.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Pope, Johnson, Jackson and Massac Counties all have some nice roads...of course, they are 300 miles south

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I was going to say the same thing....

It kind of annoys me that when MOST people say "Illinois", they mean "Chicago".

There's a whole state down here. Might want to come check it out some time...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Or you can start riding towards Madison, Wisconsin and head west from there. :dblthumb

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Yep and down by Giant City Park. Eddyville Blacktop has some good sections. The small section coming down the hill from above Garden of the Gods to karbers Ridge road has some tight twisties...yep, I don't get to ride those roads often enough

·
Go Dawgs
409 Posts
Looks like I'm going to to be heading back up to the land of better motorcycle roads. I'm moving to southern IN. I can wait to get back over to Carbondale and make the Spillway RD, Giant City, Makanda, Old 51, Cobden, Alto Pass, Murhphysboro, back to C-Dale loop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
me and the wife are going down to garden of the gods at the end of the month. we was thinking that she would drive the car down there and i'd take the bike and then when we got there we could just cruise on the bike.. any good places that we can ride?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Rt. 6 to Rt. 71 into Starved Rock (Utica). Holy shit, is 71 a sweet road
Just drove this in my car (currently bikeless). You REALLY need to get out of the mid west at some point. 71 is like a kiddie roller coaster, fun if you've never been on a big roller coaster, but a massive let down if you have.

·
No more disassemble!
381 Posts
Go to Jo Davies county around Galena, IL. Ride to Chestnut mountain resort, and the mississippi. This summer I want to ride down south to see where the Mississippi and Ohio river meet. That would be cool. Ride to the abandon steel district on Chicago's south side and get some rib tips.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Frontage roads along 55 near bolingbrook have their few second spurts, just watch for gravel.

ABC runs in WI are there, some around Galena. I think I have some route maps somewhere on my laptop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts