Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive rode a few bikes around before and want to get one of my own now. ive been looking at the 07/08 cbr 600 and the gsxr of the same years, i can get a better deal on the honda cuz i know a guy at a dealership but what do you guys think cuz i dont knwo too much about these bikes. pros and cons for the two?

·
Banned
911 Posts
turbo busa man. dont even worry about insurance. blip the throttle and you'll be 10 miles ahead of any cop in a matter of seconds.

hondas are notorious POS's, and only kick ass stunters ride gixxuhz.

or you could go for one of them ninja 250's. i'd buy one just because they have a cool name.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Yeah, a 250 is a slug. Not too many cars on the market that can stay with it to 60.

Forget the vanity and learn to ride. Then buy the fastest goddamn thing on the road, 'cuz you da man!

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
ive rode a few bikes around before and want to get one of my own now. ive been looking at the 07/08 cbr 600 and the gsxr of the same years, i can get a better deal on the honda cuz i know a guy at a dealership but what do you guys think cuz i dont knwo too much about these bikes. pros and cons for the two?
too much power. too unforgiving. do yourself a HUGE favor and get a smaller bike (preferably a twin) and learn to ride properly, then move up in a couple years. if you don't, i hope you live to regret your decision to start on a b***** bike. here's what you're thinking right now (because this is how i worked it out in my head before i got a bike); the fast bikes look SWEET (they really do) and the slow bikes don't look so cool (i admit, they're not as sexy as a 600). i wanna look sweet and turn heads and all that. i'll be careful. i'll take it easy. i NEED a big bike or i'll be bored.

i bought a 900. i'm lucky to be alive. there were SO many close calls that wouldn't have happened if i were on a smaller twin. i eventually struggled thru it and have just "moved up" to a new 600. i should have started on a 250. i'd have learned a lot more a lot more quickly and less dangerously.

disclaimer: i am currently on drugs after having knee surgery. normally, i'd read thru this again to make sure i make sense, but i'm too stoned right now to care...

s3aturnr

·
Future Statistic
690 Posts
Suck up your ego and learn to ride before you buy something too powerful to really learn proper skills on... then go buy the fast bike - you will appreciate it more and actually know what you are doing with it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts