Sport Bikes banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
Twisted Sister said:
Got there about 10am friday morning...check in, breakfast, etc...
Rode the Foothills parkway(awesome sweepers) and the dragon(not overly impressed, yes alot of tight twisties, but almost to an obnoxious extent).

Saturday we rode the Cherohala skyway loop, that was awesome! :phatyo

Sunday I believe we did the BR parkway and surrounding roads...great roads as well.

Monday, made our way back up from TN via shadow valley through Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Those were awesome roads as well, but man was I worn out from the weekend. We decided to just road trip it back from there.

All in all that area was awesome with some fantastic roads! Personally, like I said the Dragon itself was obnoxious with the tiny turns and traffic, but all the roads surrounding it were orgasmic.

Sorry we never got a chance to catch up with anyone...hopefully next time! :fiddy
Sorry we missed you but we had horrible cell phone reception out there. Glad to hear you had fun, did you two ride double while you were there or did you both have your own bikes?

I drove in a truck rather than ride behind Will. To be honest I am not comfortable riding double on roads like that where neither of us are familiar with the area and it would have been too long of a ride as well.

We got home Tuesday afternoon. All is well and we are resting up getting ready to go back to work :pisson by Friday. YUCK!!

We posted our pics on another thread he started. Check them out if you get the chance!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Damn you people that live so close to Deal's Gap, damn you all!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
miklm said:
Hey Twisted Sister you should really try the Gap out either early in the morning (before 9:00) or on a weekday!

I did a run Sunday morning at 7:30 and had the road to myself. Made my weekend! The rest of the time traffic was so obnoxious. I probably pissed a couple of people off tailgating and trying to pass them but I was super courteous to faster riders and let the by immediately -- too bad other people didn't show me the same respect. I kept getting held up by SUVs, cruisers, pickups, Nissan 350Zs, and more cruisers.

If you can't ride your cruiser at or above the speed limit through there, STAY OFF THE GAP! If you can't drive your sports car at or above the speed limit, STAY OFF THE GAP!

I saw a cruiser that almost got passed by two guys on BICYCLES!!! I was pretty loud at the Overlook when I told my passenger, well within the cruiser rider's earshot, that it was the most pathetic display of riding I had ever seen up there.

:upyours :squid

Had the same trouble :lao gotta love those 20 mph cruises..........

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
miklm said:
Oh shi...

ust got off the phone with Chris (cmorrow001) from SomethingAwful.com Automotive Insanity forums.

Deal's Gap, 1
GSX-R600, 0

Low side off the side of the mountain, resulting in a totalled '04 biek. He came out unhurt and said he got it on video and lots of pictures so when he gets back home he'll post up. I had hoped to meet up with them up there but didn't make it. Sucks about the bike but at least nobody got hurt.

Remember, the dragon is a cruel mistress.

Glad they are okay!! Is the bike fixable??

Is Byteman still being an ass??

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
miklm said:
This one was more like a 12 mph cruise. I thought he was just going to fall over in the curves, he was carrying in so little speed. Amazing.

State Farm totalled it for him. He's shopping for a new 600.

Of course. ice750 picked the fight up where I left off and started with him in the thread where the van is pulled off for the cruiser in last week's photos. ;)

What an ignorant twat. I guess I should be worried about the Christian Crusader Motorcycle Club showing up in my front lawn now and terrorizing me? Color me scared.
:lao on the 12 mph cruise! I didn't fly like a bullet through there but I tried to keep the speed in the 40s or higher when possible, when a faster rider would get up to me I slid to white line and gave them the go ahead to go by. Glad State Farm is being good to him, hopefully he will find another good bike.

If the Crusaders come to your front lawn :lao tell them to come back in a few hours and I will drive down (along with a few more badges :D). I saw ice giving some hell to him in the Van pic...LOL. That guy is a first class dick. I know I am a cop and I write traffic tickets but I can use common sense too! I prefer to give people the room to go by if they want by, hell that might even teach me how to handle a certain section if I am having problems with it and they don't even know it. That is a nice stretch of road and wished I could driv it everyday. I should have taken those job offers from the depts' in East Tenn. when I graduated the academy....LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Cleveland Tn, a little over an hour away. We are headed up Sunday to run the gap and have some fun. Will be my first time to hit it. Really looking forward to it. :banana
AB

61 - 70 of 70 Posts