Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe there were no other posts about this..

Rash is a bitch and my first one healed up fine on its own, but now i have alot more , and sticking to the sheets and shuddering in the shower from the sting frickin chaffs my ass. It keeps healing during the day (scabbing and skin juice drying), only to soften up and come apart when i move... :hshot

So what do you guys who have experienced rash deal with it the best?

Ive heard different ideal ways to tackle it...

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Best thing is to buy the bandaid thing that sticks to your wound and then it creates a padded bubble. It works great, no scabbing, healing, scabbing etc...

·
Registered
128 Posts
DON'T use the new skin liquid bandage stuff... it BURNS! I wear flip flops alot and got a blister between my toes...used that stuff a few times and said to heck with it... it didn't really do anything for me but made it hurt more.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
apchasse said:
just keep them moist, with a bandage on them,and neosporin. Thats what I did. and it came out ok. Just dont pick the scabs, it leaves nasty scars!
i picked the scabs! road rash is a bitch. espeacially when you take the bandaids off! taking a shower sucks too! all i can say is take care of it until it heals. oh yeah, when they have to scrape all the debries and stuff out of your wound that is HELL!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Wear gear.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Look here: http://www.band-aid.com/images/covers/advanced.jpg

Detail:

Superior Protection to Promote Fast Natural Healing.

6 ~ Large Sterile Strips - 1 3/4 in. x 2 3/4 in. (4.4 cm x 7.0 cm).

This new advanced protection works with the body's natural healing process to promote faster healing. The strip acts in place of a scab to seal in your body's own natural healing fluids and seal out water, dirt and germs that can cause infection. The strip restores the skin to a natural moisture level by absorbing fluids from the injured skin and allowing excess moisture to evaporate. As the strip absorbs moisture from the wound, a white gel cushion will form over the wound to provide extra protection. And like a scab, the strip will work best when left on the wound and in place for as long as possible.

Advanced protection that creates optimum natural healing conditions.
Repels water, dirt and germs that can cause infection.
Adhesive strong enough to stay in place for several days.
Superior comfort, slim and discreet.
Hypoallergenic and won't stick to wound for gentle removal.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Use an antiseptic ointment, then put on a NON-ADHESIVE dressing, and then wrap in regular gauze...Make sure you keep the dressing clean and dry and the scarring should be minimal...

·
Registered
522 Posts
King Cobra said:
Wear gear.
I agree :chair

Road rash definitely does not sound like fun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iiip said:
Look here: http://www.band-aid.com/images/covers/advanced.jpg

Detail:

Superior Protection to Promote Fast Natural Healing.

6 ~ Large Sterile Strips - 1 3/4 in. x 2 3/4 in. (4.4 cm x 7.0 cm).

This new advanced protection works with the body's natural healing process to promote faster healing. The strip acts in place of a scab to seal in your body's own natural healing fluids and seal out water, dirt and germs that can cause infection. The strip restores the skin to a natural moisture level by absorbing fluids from the injured skin and allowing excess moisture to evaporate. As the strip absorbs moisture from the wound, a white gel cushion will form over the wound to provide extra protection. And like a scab, the strip will work best when left on the wound and in place for as long as possible.

Advanced protection that creates optimum natural healing conditions.
Repels water, dirt and germs that can cause infection.
Adhesive strong enough to stay in place for several days.
Superior comfort, slim and discreet.
Hypoallergenic and won't stick to wound for gentle removal.

Thanks man, but the rash is b***** than one of those band aids... Helpful info though, much appreciated. I' really dont care about scarring, i just dont want it to keep healing/cracking/bleeding 3 times a day... it gets old fast....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
King Cobra said:
Wear gear.

+2.... duh.. any way, I've had it, I think all of us have at one time or another, I just left it alone. No porixide, no bandages. It's actually better to leave it alone and let it heal the way it wants to heal. Don't pick at it. thats what leaves scars

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
King Cobra said:
Wear gear.
+1x100, esp when your learning how to be a stunta

·
Registered
148 Posts
phaderlanx said:
Thanks man, but the rash is b***** than one of those band aids... Helpful info though, much appreciated. I' really dont care about scarring, i just dont want it to keep healing/cracking/bleeding 3 times a day... it gets old fast....
I never thought about that. I guess they should make larger ones. You can put them on open cuts and rash, it works great I had 6 of them on once.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
I'm currently dealing with rash as the pic below shows......bandaids 24/7 even in the shower slathered with neo

I went down saturday july 24th and it's still rather large.....gotta keep it moist or scabs form and it makes for INTENSE pain

I usually wear draggin jeans on leasure rides with my pheonix jacket, gloves, helmet but they had developed holes in the pockets, and I didn't wanna sweat to death in my leather pants so I wore regular denims.....the split at the seam the SECOND I touched down (riding about 25 around a curve when we encountered a road FULL of gravel where a turnaround had washed out and covered the road)

I knew what I was risking by wearing jeans, but I did it anyway. Here it is nearly 14 days later and it really hasn't shrunk that much...probibly looking at another 2 weeks of bandaids......gonna ride saturday though....in my leathers

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
I put a warm salt water solution mixture on it, get some really hot water, disolve as much salt in it as you can and then dip a wash rag on it and wipe down the wound with it, it causes it to ooz out this yellow liquid stuff and helps to dry it up, seemed to work pretty good for me, kept it tender while it was wet enough so it didn't crack and bleed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to my doctor the best thing to do is to put polysporin on some guaze and try to keep the wound clean and away from water.

The most painfull roadrash I had was from a bicycle accident (lycra doesn't help much). I ended up sliding down the road at 50km/h. The doctor pointed to a rather deep gouge in my hip and says "I'd probably stitch that if there was more skin left"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts