Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rode home from work for the first time this afternoon and the sun was blasting my eyes

I had sunglasses but they only did so much, I'm not used to driving w/o a sunvisor

At one point I couldn't see a patch of oncoming road and got a bit scared.

How do you deal with glare?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Get a different visor :bitchslap

:lol

We still on for sunday?

·
Registered
809 Posts
a clean smoke sheild will clear that issue right up reall quick.
hate riding with my clear when it's real sunny...

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I normally ride with my Ray Bans on under my helmet and sometimes still need a tinted visor. When that happens I just swap my clear for the tinted one and keep going.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol Rascus of course we're on! :D

Thanks guys I appreciate it...will get a smoked visor first thing this weekend :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a gold HJC RST visor. I use that all the time. I also keep a pair of clear safety glasses (picked them up from Canadian Tire for about $10) in the trunk of the bike for when I'm out and it gets dark. This way, I can flip my visor up, still protect my eyes, and have good night vision. If I'm going out and it's already dark, I'll put my clear visor on, but that's the only time. Even then I often just pull out the safety glasses instead since its quicker. I'd recommend you do the same. This way, there is no hassle of putting sunglasses on and off during the day, since your visor will do the trick, and it also isn't dangerous in case you get caught out when it turns dark.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
+1 to above. i have a RST mirrored silver shield with a cheap pair of saftey glasses in my trunk for the night. Only difference is......mine was $3.50

·
Registered
81 Posts
The best trick I have found is to remove the visor and place two strips of black electrical tape on the top/inside of the visor. I tape all the way across, one strip on the very top edge of the visor and one right below it but not overlapping. Make sure the the tape is on there good enough that the opening and closing the visor doesn't force the tape to peel back though. I do this on all my helmets, smoke and clear shields.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I use a polar optics lens. I love it. Check them out at www.polar-optics.com. I was skeptical at first but once I used mine I knew it was the best option out there. The best part is there's no uncomfortable sunglasses in your helmet or objects to stab you if the worst happens...and you don't have to carry an extra shield. Once it gets dark, just peel it off and put it in your pocket, tail or tank bag. It's really flexible and can be rolled up. Sorry that sounds like a sales pitch, I'm just really happy with this product and think it's WELL worth the money. Just another option...

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i just tilt my head down and try to block the sun with the top of my helmet.

I've never tried a tinted or colored (or whatever) shield because i'm concerned with going thru the dark areas on country roads that are shaded by trees. my eyes have a hard enough time adjusting, and that's without a tinted shield.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
I've never tried a tinted or colored (or whatever) shield because i'm concerned with going thru the dark areas on country roads that are shaded by trees. my eyes have a hard enough time adjusting, and that's without a tinted shield.
Your eyes will actually adjust better to the differences in lighting with a tinted visor. when it's bright out your pupils close further than they would under normal circumstances because of glare, which makes you nearly blind when you go into a dark spot such as a shadow. Having the tinted visor eliminates the glare, and you can see a lot better in both sun and shade when riding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts