Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need a few ideas about how to handle this situation. I live in a townhome/condo unit. ok this guy moves in about a year ago now. he's hit me up for free internet already which I told him I have dial up lol.

anyway that story was to show you how much of free loader this guy is.
he works for direct tv so I have to stare at the company van parked right in front of my driveway. on top of that he has a old broken down ford ranger with his sat dish mounted to it. if those 3 annoying things wasn't enough now i guess he can't afford trash pickup at $13 and change a month.
his trash was being picked up before but he's been setting out 8-12 empty boxes of his direct tv stuff. I'm guessing the driver got pissed and said something to his super who looked into the system and seen he doesn't pay for service. so I get a letter from the trash company that my boxes need to be broken down and bundled. I asked the guy if they sent him a letter about it and of course they didn't. so he says.

so now they quit picking up his trash and he has left 2-3 bags and a small mtn of boxes sit at the curb a few times and never picks it back up. the other neighbors and I have too. if that isn't enough he started sitting his shit over in my driveway blocking it so I have to manuever around his pile of boxes and the trash co stopped picking my trash up because of it and has sent me a letter about it again. I called them and told them what's going on so they said paint my address on the can and they'll only pick that up. but he keeps piling up his stuff in my driveway. so I explained to him that he has to pay for the trash pick up. I told him give me $6.50 a month and stick it over with mine and he said no way. so now he doesn't stick his trash out with mine but he's got a small mound of it in his garage and I can smell it inside my house. not only that but I'm sure it's got maggots in it and we're going to end up with roaches or rats.

this is getting really annoying with this guy. I'm not letting him stick all his garbage over in my can/cans because he doesn't want to pay.

I've tried the friendly approach. I've showed him the letter. what are my options here? should I bite the bullet and let him get free trash pickup only because it seems to bother me more than him?

it's bad enough that the people they hired to mow the grass has ruined it on top of that this is the hillbilly shit i get to stare at daily,
a move is probably in my near future as much as I hate to do it.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Does he rent or own? If he rents call the landlord and complain about the trash. Every day.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Call directv and give them his plate number and say you are a customer and he offered you free directv for $50. Then in a week have one of your friends call and say the same thing, after a few calls he will get fired and then he will have to move out when he runs out of $.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
what pisses me off the most is it's 73 degrees here today and I have to keep the windows shut because it smells like a dumpster outside thanks to this jack ass. my buddy has a good idea. i'm going to throw my dog's shit in and around his driveway so he's constantly stepping in it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
then he probably rents, call the landlord, paying for trash is probably part of the contract, and having trash building up is almost certain a violation.
+1

if the landlord has some balls he will throw the guy out

you could also sue the guy for private nuisance. you might be able to do that in Small Claims Court and you won't need a lawyer.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
while petty revenge is always fun, i suggest that getting his landlord on his ass is

1). more fun than throwing dog shit, especially if he doesn't know it is you, and doesn't know where to direct his revenge.

2). morally defensible, the man made his own choices and is skewering himself, report him so the landlord doesn't end up with a place they can only rent to meth heads, and starving students, who don't mind the smell.

(no really, think about how bad inside of the guys place must smell right now, if this goes on that stench won't leave and the landlord won't be able to rent to nice people anymore.)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Maybe even get the city involved. If He is keeping trash inside the dwelling, they may be able to cite him/ the Landlord until it is clean up. I can't think of what it's properly called, but We have had some instances here where they have deemed a house a health hazard because of trash and whatnot. I definitely would not just deal with it. People are so disgusting sometimes. Everyone I know that works for DISH makes good money. I wonder what his issue is

·
occasional know-it-almost
198 Posts
The dude is certainly a freeloader, and whether he is a renter or not, his shit stinks. It is becoming a nuisance to the neighbors. I would think that if he's a renter, then finding out who the landlord is and contacting them would be your first step. If he is an owner (which would seem doubtful, considering the actions this person has taken in such a short amount of time), get the city involved. Is your town home subdivision run by a management company? Get them involved too. The more people that come down on his ass the better.

Certainly do it sooner, rather than later, as you have said the stench is starting to infiltrate your own place of residence. Nobody should have to stand for that.

As much fun as it is to let your vengeance out on others, it solves nothing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Agreed with previous post, go take it to the landlord. And if the landlord is shitty, then go check the city. I'm pretty sure the neighbors consider it an eyesore as well, so you definitely have them on your side when making a claim. Good luck.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you live in a condo, I'd also suggest notifying the homeowner's association. Most of them get crazy when a resident, especially a renter, does things that break the organization's by-laws and/or bring the condos down in some way.

But know that being at odds with a neighbor that 1) is batshit fucking crazy, and/or 2) absolutely does not give a shit is a bad place to be.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Check with your city's code enforcement section, they probably have something they can smack him with.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Another thing, check the tags on the ranger. If he has a dish mounted to it, he must not drive it at all. If it’s not driven and he is cheap he probably let the registration lapse. Depending on your local laws (or if you have an HOA), having an unregistered vehicle in his driveway, in view of the street, could also be illegal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you live in a condo, I'd also suggest notifying the homeowner's association. Most of them get crazy when a resident, especially a renter, does things that break the organization's by-laws and/or bring the condos down in some way.
This, amazing how anal and out spoken some people are about others property.. I mean I am pretty ocd when it comes to my apartment, but I remember when I lived with my parents there was a person in our neighborhood who didn't cut his grass regularly nor pay for a service. I was astonished at how upset some of the neighbors got.. I mean it was a little over grown but in my opinion it fit well (it was a well wooded lot), it wasn't rocking a walking dead theme or anything.

I also would try and talk with the landlord, he/she probably isn't aware of whats going on, and would want there property better maintained.

Good luck with the situation

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
If you don't own you should probably move. Yeah, sooner or later the HOA or landlord will deal with this guy, but he'll just come up with something else, probably worse. Or he'll leave and they'll just rent the place to someone worse.

If it takes more than one call to the landlord/HOA definitely move. If the folks in charge don't mind a health hazard on the property you don't want to live there. A good idea on the first call is to mention rats. Good landlords go ballistic when they hear the word rats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts