Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so 3 weeks ago I took my bike in to get tires put on. Call the next day and the guys like yeah so we got the tires on...but the mechanic found that the forks are leakin(which I knew) and your brake cable, and front brakes are shot. We can order em and have everything here in a few days. So im like alright, well i need my bike for sunday so can i pick it up bring it back tuesday(when the part should of been in) and hes like sure. So i call tues and am like so are the parts in? and they tell me nope, but theyll give me a call when they come in. 2 weeks later i get a call sayin the parts are in. So im like cool when can you do it? And they said it will be done monday. So i took my bike in yesterday and i call back later and they are like o sorry we had a tech out and we didnt get to it. So im like fine when will it be done, and they are like tomorrow. So i just now call and am like so whats the status on my bike? and they are like o...well the brake cable was defective so we had to order one and it should be here by the end of the week. Ofcourse I was nice about it, but IM PISSED. I mean i know its not their fault this piece was bad, but i just feel like they dont give a shit about my business. I think its cause theyd rather get all these new bikes done over my old p.o.s and have the new owners business's. I just have a feelin now its gonna take forever to get my damn brake cable in.

Sorry I just had to rant since weve had such nice weather these past days, and it should be good weather all week...and i just bought a new mesh riding jacket that i want to try out. I mean I know its not their fault, its probably mine too for havin such a old bike, and its hard to fine parts...but it just sucks not having 2 wheels :(

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
You're right, they probably don't give a shit about your business, time, or the inconvenience. This is why I never take my bike to the stealership.

Do yourself a favor. Find a shop manual for your bike. Any further work can easily be done with this. Avoid dealerships when possible.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Not uncommon. Most likely, they didn't have time to get to it, a vip customer came in, or they just forgot to get to it. They know if they tell the customer this, the customer will get pissed, so they lie.

·
Registered
488 Posts
very common man, i second the idea above about the shop manual.. its more fun workin on your own bike anyway..

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Have ANY of you EVER ran or had ANYTHING to do with running a big dealership?

<deafening silence>

I thought so...

Imagine if you will.... having 100+ cases like the above... then tell me you have the time to call or visit each and every single whiner you got on your mile long list that the *wrong* part came in or the paint sniffing freek that makes the deliveries ran off with your parts delivery truck or bla bla....

These people are people too. Keep it in mind before running the trap and saying they eat shit bla bla couldnt care less about you whiney bs.... They have 100+ people just like you.... you think because you pay a few bucks for some parts that makes you the queen of the dance?

Basicly it boils down to DIY or stfu. How much are you willing to pay? A BUNCH? OK I'll setup a dealership for you that when you come in it WILL be ready. But it wont be cheap. Leave your BS at the door. Carry vast amounts of CASH. any other form of money and you will be shot. :eek:

....Jason, I'm suprised ...... stealership? lame. Someone put blanks in that mans gun!! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I actually have a Clymer(sp?) manual...and i use to work on car brakes in a shop...but i wanted to have it done like right away so i wouldnt have any time without the bike...looks like now i should of done that!!

I was talkin to my mom, and she was like what do you wanna do? And I was like what do you mean? and she was like do you want a new bike? And I said nah i dont have money to buy a new bike, and insurance would own me. I mean i bought this bike for only $1,000 with 15k on it...and the new tires/brakes/fork seals are costin me 600... so i have a prefect runnin condition 600 for only 1.6k...whereas a new honda 600 would cost me 9k..

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Ya, rough way to look at it but at least you know the picture..... I'd LOVE to have a new bike... I know I'll never have one unless I steal it... :eek: that aint gonna happen.... I like my puckered starfish the way it is :eek:nfloor

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
I know what you man. Seems like when ever you need anything done fast it takes forever.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Imagine if you will.... having 100+ cases like the above... then tell me you have the time to call or visit each and every single whiner you got on your mile long list that the *wrong* part came in or the paint sniffing freek that makes the deliveries ran off with your parts delivery truck or bla bla....

These people are people too. Keep it in mind before running the trap and saying they eat shit bla bla couldnt care less about you whiney bs.... They have 100+ people just like you.... you think because you pay a few bucks for some parts that makes you the queen of the dance?
Haha I dont think they eat shit!! Atleast I hope not... Everyone there is nice...I just dont think they care bout my business. I honestly dont see what the difference is between dealership shops, and regular shops. Granted dealerships probably have more people. But ive gotten the same thing with cars...took my car into a dealership to have the wheel bearing replaced...took 3 days...next time took it into a regular shop...took a day! Either way its a learning experience...and i will now on work on my own bike...as long as it doesnt have to do with tearing down the engine:lol

I know what you man. Seems like when ever you need anything done fast it takes forever.
So true, soooo true! :cheers

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:

<deafening silence>

I thought so...

Basicly it boils down to DIY or stfu. How much are you willing to pay? A BUNCH? OK I'll setup a dealership for you that when you come in it WILL be ready. But it wont be cheap. Leave your BS at the door. Carry vast amounts of CASH. any other form of money and you will be shot. :eek:

....Jason, I'm suprised ...... stealership? lame. Someone put blanks in that mans gun!! :D
I didn't own a Motorcycle dealership, But I did own and operate a Service business that employed an average of 85 people per month and had sales exceeding 300K per month for 10 years. If my company did not deliver promised service on time, the customer got a significant discount or extra services as an apology. If the customer created the delay, They got charged regular rate. The dealer where I bought my bike has lost me as a customer because they do not understand/provide customer service. They have been rude and inattentive to my concerns. I left my bike there overnight 1 time because they did not have it ready as promised. (sound familiar?) When I picked it up, it was dirty with greasy handprints, some asshat had scratched the tank with his belt buckle and they had left it sitting outside overnight in the rain. When I called to complain, the general manager's response was "oh well, Those things happen." I don't think I was out of line when I, as someone who had spent 8K with them, expected them to treat me and my machine with respect. They didn't care, so neither do I and they will not see any of my money and they will only see the bike as I ride past and honk.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:

<deafening silence>

I thought so...
Ummm...yeah, I have. I worked at 2 Auto Dealers, and I know for a fact the the "parts didn't come in" excuse is complete BS atleast 50% of the time (I worked in parts). Now, as a mechanic at an independant shop, i can still tell you, it's not always the part not coming in.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I have worked at a couple dealerships, as a Service Writer... Here is the 100% truth... The dealership doesnt give a big damn about your bike.. (they only give a little damn).. The dealerships money comes from Apparel and Merchandise, and from Service done on WARRANTIED (spelling sucks) vehicles.. Both auto and motorcycle..
Warranty work is what they care about, because it is almost 100% return business. Most shops make any new bike purchase have ALL MAINTAINENCE / SERVICE done at the location it was bought at.. So the Stealership has a monopoly on those bikes for the first 10,000 miles at least.
Used bikes that are brought in are very very very far down the importance food chain.
Dealerships dont make much money on selling the new bikes, they make the money on servicing the new bikes... And the new bikes come before the used bikes. Everytime.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
IMost shops make any new bike purchase have ALL MAINTAINENCE / SERVICE done at the location it was bought at.. So the Stealership has a monopoly on those bikes for the first 10,000 miles at least.
Any dealership that does this needs to be put out of business for good. This is completely illegal.

ANY dealer should warantee a new bike/car, regardless where you buy it from. Some may give you shit about it, but by law, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO FIX IT.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Any dealership that does this needs to be put out of business for good. This is completely illegal.

ANY dealer should warantee a new bike/car, regardless where you buy it from. Some may give you shit about it, but by law, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO FIX IT.
Sorry, let me clarify.. Thats what they tell you.. We also just bought my wifes F4i new, and thats what they told us.. Word for Word, we need to get the service done there.. I just smiled and nodded. We used to tell our customers the same thing..
It is illegal, but perception is the truth. And if the customer BELIEVES it, then its as good as gold..

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Ahh..ok. Yes, they will tell you that garbage. The dealer I bought my bike from, however, said nothing of the sort. I told them *I* would be doing the work and they had no problem with it. However, my auto shop works on a lot of their employee's cars, as well as the owners. Makes it nice for getting discounts and free inspections. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:

<deafening silence>

I thought so...

RIGHT THE FUCK ON MAN :cheers :beer :eek:nfloor

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I don't think it's too much to ask to have your little bit of work done within the 3+ weeks you've been dealing with them. I'm not going to slam the dealership, but maybe they need to have more techs on hand if they have issues with people not making it into work.

I would love to open my own dealership. You'd be surprised that people are actually more then willing to spend a little more money if they know they'll get treated right and their business appreciated. Granted, a big dealership would be tough to make sure that even the little guys got the appreciation that they deserved, it should definately be a goal of theirs. People come back because of customer service, regardless of what you may think.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Truck said:
... but maybe they need to have more techs on hand if they have issues with people not making it into work.
Heres my take. If they can't handle the workload, then why accept your bike. They ought to leave you with the alternative of not accepting the time frame they give you. But no, they just want to get the business in first, then worry about the details.

Its the owners responsibility, no one elses.

Think if you were hungry and went to a restaurant and gave the cashier your last bit of money, they sit you down and they don't come back for two days and tell you sorry, the chef was out sick. Not acceptable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts