Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2-3 months back I went up to a dealer out of town because they had just built a new huge store. I asked my friend if he needed anything while I was up there. He wanted a pair of Icon gloves. I went up there, looked around a while, bought his gloves, and went home. He paid me back for the gloves and I thought that would be the end of it. Well, a week later, that dealer calls me up saying that the gloves I ordered had arrived and that I could pick them up. I hadn't ORDERED any gloves, I had just BOUGHT a pair.

I was heading back up there in a couple weeks so when I was in town I went and talked to one of the parts guys. I could have just taken the gloves and ran, but I try to be a stand up, honest guy. So I explained the situation to him, he looked up the order and said, "Yeah, they just got marked down in the order column instead of the sold column". He thanked me for letting him know about the mix-up and I left.

Now about a month goes by and yesterday while I was out riding, my wife gets a call from the same dealer saying that my gloves that I ordered were in, and that they were paid for. I couldn't believe it. So I called them yesterday to make sure they would be open today (Sunday). I asked them to check on "my order", and the gal said the gloves were in stock now. Then I say "I can't really remembere if I paid for those already or not. Could you look that up for me?" She checks the screen and sure enough they showed that they were paid for.

At that point, I just said "screw it", I tried doing the right thing and let them know of the screw up but if they were still wanting me to come and pick up these gloves, then that is what I was going to do. I drove up there this morning and walked out with a brand new pair of gloves for free. I just couldn't believe this whole situation turned out soo messed up. :)

So if anybody needs a pair of Icon gloves, head over to the For Sale setion of the board. I figured I'd give the SBN members first crack at these before I put them on E-bay.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'd love to take the gloves off of your hands Justin, but unfortunately I was gifted with the hands of a ten year old. :( Is there any chance that these are a smaller large? :D

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake said:
I'd love to take the gloves off of your hands Justin, but unfortunately I was gifted with the hands of a ten year old. :( Is there any chance that these are a smaller large? :D
Sorry man, I think you're out of luck. I've tried on my friend's Icon gloves when I got him his pair and the large fits me quite well, and I don't really have very small hands.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
How can I know what size my hands are??? I don't remember what size my old gloves are and it is imposible to read the tag by now.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Jake said:

Jake I have a real real nice set of Medium Spidi's that might fit you. They are pretty small though. I can take a picture and maybe measure them if your interested...

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
freeride said:
No matter how many times you tried to tell him, you still stole those gloves. It doesn't bother your conscience at all?
:D It's not stealing if they TELL you to walk out of there with them. It's not like I wore a ball cap, dark sunglasses, and loose fitting clothes into the store, stuck them down my pants while in the dressing room, and tried to slip out the door. Like I said, I went in and explained the situation the first time to them that I didn't order the gloves. They had every chance to fix the problem, but they obviousely didn't. I'm not going to bend over backwards for a dealer, especially since they usually don't do it for a lot of their customers, and often times take advantage of us. And yes, I have a clear conscience. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
ZXLNT said:
Jake I have a real real nice set of Medium Spidi's that might fit you. They are pretty small though. I can take a picture and maybe measure them if your interested...
I'm interested. If you could show me a pic that would be great.

Now back to Justin's thread. :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Justin726 said:
:D It's not stealing if they TELL you to walk out of there with them. It's not like I wore a ball cap, dark sunglasses, and loose fitting clothes into the store, stuck them down my pants while in the dressing room, and tried to slip out the door. Like I said, I went in and explained the situation the first time to them that I didn't order the gloves. They had every chance to fix the problem, but they obviousely didn't. I'm not going to bend over backwards for a dealer, especially since they usually don't do it for a lot of their customers, and often times take advantage of us. And yes, I have a clear conscience. ;)
Did you or did you not take something you did not pay for? Rationalize it all you want, but it's theft. It'll come back to haunt you, I'd be willing to bet.

It's a vicious circle, this "mistreatment" of customers. What do you think will happen when someone at the dealership figures out that he gave away a pair of gloves? Do you think SOMEONE will pay for that, maybe with higher prices on other merchandise? The next time you go into that dealership and notice that the prices are higher than the internet, remember that you contributed to that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
freeride said:
Did you or did you not take something you did not pay for? Rationalize it all you want, but it's theft. It'll come back to haunt you, I'd be willing to bet.

It's a vicious circle, this "mistreatment" of customers. What do you think will happen when someone at the dealership figures out that he gave away a pair of gloves? Do you think SOMEONE will pay for that, maybe with higher prices on other merchandise? The next time you go into that dealership and notice that the prices are higher than the internet, remember that you contributed to that.
Plus.....
brentsR6 said:
blaaargg theyre sold already. oh well.
He sold a pair of gloves he got for free........ah what a wonderful world. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
freeride said:
Took this off of dictionary.com...

steal --
To take (the property of another) without right or permission...

Hmmmmm...Dosen't sound like theft to me...

And yeah, Justin, I hope you lose alot of sleep over this...The fact that you took some gloves that were given to you and not the fact that this business is making error after error within their own walls is what is going to put them out of business :rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
freeride said:
No matter how many times you tried to tell him, you still stole those gloves. It doesn't bother your conscience at all?

hehe, this coming from a guy with a name of "freeride." no offense man :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts