Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Suzuki dealer closing shop by 9/30. All bikes sold at dealer costs or below. What can I expect a 14 GSXR750 or 600 to be at?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Can't you just call and ask? They'll probably still nickel and dime you. Idk if they operate the same as a car dealer where they don't actually own the bikes

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Keep in mind that it can always sell them to other dealerships, so don't expect too big of a bargain.
See Dealer Cost
When a Yamaha dealership closed in San Juan Capistrano, I think a current year R1 was sold for 11k OTD and fz1's were sold for 9k otd.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
When I bought my Nissan truck the sales guy explained that the dealership doesn't actually own all the vehicles, they're still owned by Nissan the corporation or some shit.
A guy I'm in school with is a service writer at a local Chevrolet dealer and told me the same thing. He said gm will not allow them to have corvette zr1 or a zo6 on their lot until it's sold to someone first.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
When I bought my Nissan truck the sales guy explained that the dealership doesn't actually own all the vehicles, they're still owned by Nissan the corporation or some shit.
Interesting. Honda dealers own their stock, or at least they do in my area. When I worked for Honda I did plenty of ferrying checks around and returning with vehicles my dealership had bought, or bringing a car to another dealer and picking up the payment for it.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Aurora Suzuki - Motorcycles, Parts, and Accessories

I'm hoping to get a 600 for 7999 no fees or a 750 for 8499 no fees.

I think I can make it there tommorrow. Below dealer cost is the goal!!
you're right about 500 too low on the best deals I've seen on cycle trader. You'll have to wait till Nov-dec to find one at those prices. But it's probably doable.
Last fall the best I could find in a 500 mile radius from me was a new no miles 2013 r6 for 8499. I called them and they promised me there's no other fees except taxes and they can't lower the price to compensate for them. Still not a bad deal considering all the local shops will not budge off the msrp of 10,800

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from the shop.
2014 GSXR600- they want 10,383 plus 598 Freight and set up
2014 750 - they want 10,838 plus 598 FS

Of course these are high prices for a liquidation sale. I've seen lower prices in So Cal and during winter up here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts