Sport Bikes banner

Deal or no deal????

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  pfd53 
#1 ·
Ok heres the deal I want to see if anyone thinks these are good deals. I got a 95 duc that I was looking at trading in on a 04 R1 they said they would give me around $4500 for the duc and knock $1000 off the R1 so I would have to get an additional 5600 cause the bike is around $11000. I also found a 03 R1 with 1500 miles with yosh exhaust, chrome windscreen and seat cowl for $8500 no trade in the dealer said they werent interested in the duc. Any thoughts I just want to see what everyone else thought about the prices.

#11 ·
I'm thinking you could get more by selling your 916 personally, but it might take a little while. If you are in a hurry to get the R1 then trade it in.

#12 ·
The total value of you bike on this trade-in is about $4500, because you can get a dealer somewhere to around $10k for the R1, regardless of whether or not you have a trade. I would suggest selling the 916 if you think you can get more than $4500 for it.

#13 ·
it sounds like a reasonable deal to me.. see if they'll throw in a slip on kit for it or a new lid.

#15 ·
The duc is damn near mint. Its has its normal wear to it the only thing thats wrong with it is the speedo gauge cover has a crack in it. Other than that its a 95 with 10500 miles red with the white tail. I was told it has a chip and it also has carbon fiber forza fast by ferracci exhaust on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.