Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. this question has come up in a few conversations i've had lately. would you rather be deaf or blind and why?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
deaf, then I could still ride, and see who the hell I was dating.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
deaf, you can do most things without assistance still if you are deaf, if you are blind you have to have help everywhere you go.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would rather be deaf too. but a few people who i have talked to said that they would rather be blind. thery said that they couldnt live without music

·
Registered
981 Posts
nibbs said:
i would rather be deaf too. but a few people who i have talked to said that they would rather be blind. thery said that they couldnt live without music
hm, valid point. i have music, or some type of sound going nomatter what im doing. id choose deaf tho, too much i do with comps that i couldnt give up

·
who......me????
293 Posts
deaf!!! never have to hear a woman bitch again!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
that's easy, deaf. You can still ride, not have to use ear plugs, and the best part, when the BF starts to bitch, I could just sit and smile, cuz I wouldnt have to listen to him. :lol not even all that, I don't think I could live if I couldn't read my books...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
21 natas said:
deaf, then I could still ride, and see who the hell I was dating.

+1 deaf is where it's at.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
deaf, i couldn't imagine life without my eyes. although the music is nice, it isn't everything.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Having a 70% hearing lose in both ears I can tell you that being deaf is no fun at all.

But not being able to see would really limit what one could do in life.Living where I live,not being able to see the beauty of the landscape when I ride(or not riding at all)would suck.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Girlfriends sister is deaf and she wouldn't give up being deaf for anything, she loves it. It's a good community that they have, they travel a lot also and don't have to put up with people bitching all the time, they can just turn their head.

Also have a friend who is blind and yes he had to give up a lot, but he can still play basketball, and plays on a traveling baseball team. I wondered how it can be done, but they manage. He also uses computers still, has programs that reads everything on the page and produces audio for it.

I think I would much rather be deaf than blind mostly because I don't want to hear people bitch all the time.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
def I could'nt imagin life with out being able to see my kids.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
All my senses suck anyway but I would pick being deaf. I'm almost legally blind in one eye and my other eye sucks too.

The weird part is, I can tell who people are just by their shape, posture, how they walk and move in general from a good distance away w/o my glasses on. People who have good sight will be like "who's that?" (seriously not knowing who they are) and I could say it's "so-and-so". People are shocked by it because they know I can't see shit without my glasses on.

Another strange thing, the only things that I can recall being able to smell within the last year is shit/farts, skunk, and marijuana. I work at a gas-station and I think the fumes messed up my sense of smell big-time.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Deaf for sure. I couldn't imagine life without my eyes. Not being able to hear, I could live with.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Well being def would fu(k up your balance. But being bling would fu(k up just about everything. Seeing that I'm just about deaf as it is (my wife say's, but realy have hearing probs The Army!!) I would say deaf cause you can still ride!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I hope it will never happen to any of us.. but if I have to lose one of my senses... i rather be deaf, and still enjoy the beauty of life by riding, and living life independently. I believe communication is mostly visual, time to learn sign language.

·
Registered
674 Posts
firefighter81 said:
deaf, you can do most things without assistance still if you are deaf, if you are blind you have to have help everywhere you go.
Ignorence is so bliss...

I know you guys may find this hard to believe but I would choose blindness. My mother has been blind since I was 11 yrs. old. Which got me involved in alot of stuff with blindness. I know how to read braile pretty well, and started doing my apprenticship to train guide dogs two years ago. One of my training exercises required that I be dropped of in downtown Tampa blindfolded and have to find my way to a certain location in town only using a white cane and bus routes. My mother and step father are both blind and do perfectly fine on their own. They have plenty of equipment and things to help them do their daily jobs and are both involved in a national blindness group. Being blind is not the end of the world.

On the other hand being deaf really sucks in my eyes I love music and love to sing not being able to do so would devistate me. Don't get me wrong I love my bike and everything that comes with it but I know that I could live my life without it.

Just my .02

1 - 18 of 18 Posts