Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
What are you saying about not to use a battery tender...... Did you know if the chemicals inside of a battery stop reacting they die..... There for the tender keeps a very very low charge if you will, even though its not a charge at all.... When using a battery tender you will keep the batter alive not kill it or harm it in anyway. First winter with my bike no tender battery went dead... Second year tender battery is still strong. Orig. battery. I leave bike hooked up and tender in bc your ECU will always use small amount of power with modern bikes. I will also add the the chemicals inside the batter react to different temp. as well. Buddy of mine does not use tender but keeps his bike around 45 degress in the winter. He has never had a dead battery. My garage is as cold inside as outside.

·
Registered
445 Posts
tenders,
look up how the tender works, it keeps charging but at a low rate and kicks on to a higher rate and back down to a lower rate. they will ruin a batter faster than if you just leave it alone. they are mearly a money making gimmick.
QUOTE]

Dude you are a idiot......... Don't look how the tender works look how the acid in a battery works. Its called keeping them active...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dude older batteries..... The cells die the tender is built to keep them moving and flowing. Thats all..... I was pointing out his idea on why they dont work is false bc he did not consider why they do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts