Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone know, if there are db-killers available for the scorpion racecans ?

·
Registered
777 Posts
DB killers? You got my attention!
Is this something thats available for other exhausts?
I hate to pull apart my Scorpion cans to repack... They'll never go back together as clean as factory.
I take it your Scorpion exhaust is pretty damn loud too?
Race cans? Maybe I got those.
Everyone here says their Scorpions are tame. Mine aren't.

I too, will start with earplugs. But, to me I just lose the feel for the rest of my surroundings.
What I can't see, maybe I'll hear...(besides my pipe :lao )

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you spoken to Scorpion directly?

It seems in the states you don't get baffles with Scorpions, here in the UK they come with removal baffles, 2 screws and you can take the baffles in and out. Go from nice deep burbly sound to all out p the neighbours off effect :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
calzor suzay said:
Have you spoken to Scorpion directly?

It seems in the states you don't get baffles with Scorpions, here in the UK they come with removal baffles, 2 screws and you can take the baffles in and out. Go from nice deep burbly sound to all out p the neighbours off effect :)
I have tried emaling them, no answer and the dealer is not getting any answers either.

Is there any way I could ask you to take a picture of those baffles ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it your Scorpion exhaust is pretty damn loud too?
Race cans? Maybe I got those.
Everyone here says their Scorpions are tame. Mine aren't.
Under the exit pipes mine says "race use only" and the dealer called them racecans, and they are not tame! :)
Got comment from a cop the other day, so I would like to see if I could silence them a bit :)
Right now the hole in the end is the same size as the hole in the end where I screw on the pipes from the exhaust, and I can look through them and there are no obstacles :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Same here oelhunden. The exit hole is the same size as the entry & y pipe.
Gaper! Zero restriction. I'll go check to read the underside...

Other Scorpion owners?
Are your Scorpions cans straight through w/no size reduction?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
Same here oelhunden. The exit hole is the same size as the entry & y pipe.
Gaper! Zero restriction. I'll go check to read the underside...

Other Scorpion owners?
Are your Scorpions cans straight through w/no size reduction?
Strait thru and no repacking ever too unlike some other pipes, one of the reasons why I got them too. Like someone mentioned I recall a UK member posting about baffles they get with there pipes over there un-like in the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks like my M4
(that is the Y pipe inserted at the far end)

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine are different, they have a baffle that goes down the middle of the pipes and where the exit port is theres a screw that holds it in place. With the baffle in there road legal here with it out there hmmm ;) I'll have to sort out a pic at some point...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought them off ebay quite a while ago now, I'm pretty sure mine are different to everyones :) although the UK ones do all come with the removable baffle.

They do look shorter and mine don't have the straps either, there held by a bar at the top as attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, they are alot different. The link pipe is also different.
I think I got one of the first sets they made, så maybe they changed the design later on.

But I think I have found a store in the US who sells the db-killers, but it must be possible to find them in europe to :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Does anybody else find a picture of an exhaust system on purple silk to be strange?

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
i have the C.F. scorps, they as well say race use only on them, but how can you not love the sound they have? its super sweet! screw the neighbors! just my thoughts

·
Registered
777 Posts
I forgot to post back, yes mine say race use only also.
Pipecity should have given me a choice on the type of exhaust I was getting.
I agree with rah, they sound killer. And screw the neighbors...
Until the police nail me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts