Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the last couple of posts about my bikes got some interest, I thought I'd give an update of how the K5 is going. It's going bloody brilliantly! This bike far and beyond surpasses any expectation I had of it. It feels just so-right under me. The handling is faultless, it weighs so little, has monster power and is smooth as silk at the same time.

I sit at work planning what I'm going to do to the bike nearly every day, when I'm not thinking about trackdays and the long-overdue drz supermoto project. Lately I've made a few modifications to the K5, namely:

- PP Tuning race rearsets
- Carbon rear hugger
- Carbon accessories
- Race gas-cap
- Ohlins 46 PRXLS shock
- Power Commander 3 USB
- BMC race air-filter
- Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres

I've done a few trackdays on the K5 now, and have two more planned for this coming weekend. Every time I'm at the track, the feeling gets better and better, like I can do no wrong with this bike, it really flatters my riding. The power delivery is so smooth, I can really FEEL it digging in driving hard out of corners, I can feel every ripple of the tarmac under the front wheel as I'm braking and turning.. mmm.. love it!

I've booked it in with Crescent Suzuki (British Superbike team) for a first-stage tuning session, mainly to develop a custom fueling map for the Power Commander (to make use of the air filter and Racefit exhaust), set up the accelerator-pump and adjust the quick-shifter unit.

I've not run the Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres before, as I mainly run with race rubber for the track, i.e. Super Corsas or Racetecs, but I've always been dissapointed with the road performance of these tyres, so bit the bullet and went for the track-biased Diablo Corsa. WOW! These tyres are amazing, I felt no difference in grip between these and the race tyres, I could ride just as hard and had all the feedback I was used to, but with the benefit of being able to ride hard on the road in full confidence.

Here's some pictures of how she's standing currently:

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
its amazing how a few changes really make that bike look like the business. that exhaust is the nuts. it really looks like gp tackle. i think i like the looks of your bike better than the AMA superbike version. good job.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Arrow said:
never liked how a gsxr look intil i saw this one... thats a cool looking exhaust
Love the bike (in black and yellow of course) but IMO that exhaust doesnt look too good. But then again, when I saw the stock exhaust for this bike on the internet for the 1st time I didnt like it until I saw it in person.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
yeah......uhmmmmmmmmmmm that looks killer, i like the rim stripe.. what color would you recommend for the white rims on a gixx?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GixxerJRG, it's all about the sound, not the look, this thing sounds INSANE.. it spits flames, roars, growls and screams like a dragon.. I can't get enough :) Thanks malik ross, I appreciate that, I too like mine more! Though I want a pair of the carbon air-scoops.. on backorder.

For white wheels, I'd say just leave them, I don't think wheel trim would look good on them, personally.

·
Registered
422 Posts
damn if it handle as good as it looks, you got one hell of bike. i want a zx6rr but i really would not mind that bike at all

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts