Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dave, this is how she looked when you called Friday night...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...but now she's all back together with:

new, hopefully non-defective, Power Commander :headbang
Galfer SS brake lines with speedbleeders
K&N air filter
LED resistors
fresh oil

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Looks like fun Brian. How does she feel now after the mods?

Where are the pics Tanya? Did you get her out today and see how she feels?

It must of been a modding weekend. I just installed a Power Commander on the ZX10 and had it custom mapped. What a difference!!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
diamond said:
I just did my front brake lines, too... and a new exhaust, air filter, oil change, chain and sprockets... ;)
That didn't take too long :)

What exhaust did you go with...another Akrapovic?

What brake lines? I think I'm going to like the Galfers. The install was extremely easy with the use of the speedbleeders...except for bleeding the master cylinder...that was a PITA!

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
826 Posts
Moses said:
That didn't take too long :)

What exhaust did you go with...another Akrapovic?

What brake lines? I think I'm going to like the Galfers. The install was extremely easy with the use of the speedbleeders...except for bleeding the master cylinder...that was a PITA!
I got a great deal on a high mount titanium M4 (ebay).

I got the Goodridge lines and speedbleeders... which, by the way, didn't seem to work very well on one side for some reason.... hmmmm... I think I'm gonna like the employee discount. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diamond said:
I think I'm gonna like the employee discount. ;)
:twofinger

diamond said:
I got a great deal on a high mount titanium M4 (ebay).
I'm sure a certain other person is happy with your decision.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jake said:
Looks like fun Brian. How does she feel now after the mods?

It must of been a modding weekend. I just installed a Power Commander on the ZX10 and had it custom mapped. What a difference!!
I'll have to get back to you on that...I rode it a whole 3-4 miles this afternoon straight home. I was hoping to get out this afternoon but, like usual, the rain is rolling thru.

The brakes feel just as good if not better. I've talked to alot of people that say they will firm up after a few miles of riding. How are yours? I know you installed some a couple of months ago on the 750.

No real difference with the Powercommander because I've been riding around with one for the last 2K + miles. I've been using the map Dynojet made available for a 600RR with a Jardine slip-on with a stock or aftermarket air filter. I've also got the Accelerator Pump feature enabled. I'm hoping to get in for a custom map soon...I've been promised some dyno time at a local shop.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Moses said:
I'll have to get back to you on that...I rode it a whole 3-4 miles this afternoon straight home. I was hoping to get out this afternoon but, like usual, the rain is rolling thru.

The brakes feel just as good if not better. I've talked to alot of people that say they will firm up after a few miles of riding. How are yours? I know you installed some a couple of months ago on the 750.
I noticed right away that the brakes on the 750 had improved. It's nice to have a rear brake that actually works!

Moses said:
No real difference with the Powercommander because I've been riding around with one for the last 2K + miles. I've been using the map Dynojet made available for a 600RR with a Jardine slip-on with a stock or aftermarket air filter. I've also got the Accelerator Pump feature enabled. I'm hoping to get in for a custom map soon...I've been promised some dyno time at a local shop.
If you're looking for a guy who does really good custom map work you could always try the guy I took my bikes to. He works at Mike's Cycle Shop in Menasha. It's a little bit of a ride but I've found his work to be well worth it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good to see you got everything done Brian!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
They replace the bleeding nipple on the caliper. Makes it much easier to bleed the brakes.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Josh Lassiter said:
hey guys, what are speedbleeders? Are they located up by the master cyl?
Speedbleeders replace the stock bleeders and make bleeding your brakes a one person job...

...instead of going on any further, check out their site

www.speedbleeder.com

They took real good care of me. I actually talked to them 3 separate times on the phone...A+ service

1 - 16 of 16 Posts