Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you guys and gals that have purchased Danmoto exhaust, rear sets etc... How are the parts holding up?

·
Registered
145 Posts
So you guys and gals that have purchased Danmoto exhaust, rear sets etc... How are the parts holding up?
Friend of mine bought a Danmoto CF GP exhaust at the beginning of riding season for his 250. Never had any issues with it. There was some browning of it towards the end of the season though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just ordered the Carbon GP today. I figured for $125 bucks you can't go wrong. I'll just keep my Yosh as a backup.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
warning very large picture lol

anyway I'm very happy with my rearsets. BUT...the holes are drilled and tapped too big. I worked at a machine shop and we would trash these if someone made them like this. but they've never gave me issues. I made sure they had plenty of loctite.
I could go to a place like fastenal and find the proper size bolts for the holes I suppose. but like I said they've stayed tight and none of them have stripped out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've had the DanMoto titanium GPs (with baffles) on my Triumph STR for 2 years using the Triumph tune for aftermarket pipes, and they are very solid and good-as-new. Total weight of both pipes is only 5 lbs (original pipes were 16 lbs). The sound is unreal at high revs but tight fitting ear-plugs are a must with high pipes. I used PayPal to order them ($300) and got them in 3 wks. Keep the revs down in urban areas to avoid attracting cops. Here's a pic;

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/WaynesStriple/DSCF1451-Copy.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought the Carbon GP ones for my Kawi 750, and the sounded good for the price. The welds were great on the pipes, everything fit up well, etc etc. but the "get what you pay for" aspect became evident when I hit the bottom of the exhaust with my rear stand while screwing around in the garage. The resulting hole showed how incredibly thin the carbon fiber actually was. I can't complain really. $120 gave me a decent pipe as long as I don't actually touch it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts