Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so bummed.. I have a guy basically holding a sweet 51 for me,
meanwhile I am waiting for my rediculously low priced s2000 to sell.
(I did put an add in the "other" catergory in classifieds here on SBN)

Ive had a cbr, a 7r, and an R1. Sold the R1 about 7 months ago, now I want to get back on a bike. Im so excited I can barely hold still.

I found this video of a 51 running the gap. HERE
Awesome sound. Cant wait!

Another awesome 51 wheelie video HERE

Anyone know who's video these are?
Anyone have any other videos of 51's in action?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I don't have any vids, but you may try to find something from WSBK or AMA Superbike from a couple years ago. That 1hr 'documentary' on Duhamel that was on speed a few days ago had a couple RC clips. Have you rode a twin yet? Just wondering, because coming off the R1 you will probably be dissapointed with the lack of a top end rush, but the bottom end and midrange more than make up for it. Sad thing is, I still ride mine somewhat like a 600 I-4, shifting gears all the time, just because I keep forgetting that all I have to do is roll on the gas. For the riding I do, 4-6K rpms is where I'm at most of the time. I haven't really got on it too hard yet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The dude on the 51 sure is taking his sweet time...:lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
That sucks when you've got to just sit and wait, especially for a badass bike like that! I hope your car sells soon(also a badass car). I can't say feel sorry for you though I'd love to have ether one of those vehcles in my garage. Hell, I'd love to have my own garage!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Slap some VTech stickers on it and go to a local import night.

·
Registered
347 Posts
BentValve said:
Do you know how many people die on that road?
In fact I do...I'm from Georgia, we hear stories all the time. I was thinking maybe it was his first time. It is a great road, but you definitely have to excersize some restraint.

·
Registered
321 Posts
black7R said:
I am so bummed.. I have a guy basically holding a sweet 51 for me,
meanwhile I am waiting for my rediculously low priced s2000 to sell.
(I did put an add in the "other" catergory in classifieds here on SBN)

Ive had a cbr, a 7r, and an R1. Sold the R1 about 7 months ago, now I want to get back on a bike. Im so excited I can barely hold still.

I found this video of a 51 running the gap.
Awesome sound. Cant wait!

Another awesome 51 wheelie video

Anyone know who's video these are?
Anyone have any other videos of 51's in action?
Here is one, but this is a 64 year old man on an RC51 following a 20 year old up a mountain. That pace is kinda medium, sound is from Sato Banzia pipes.. Sweet..

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/c33v2.avi

If it doesn't play for ya, you will need this codec.

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats awesome man... you rock.

How long have you been riding?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
black7R said:
thats awesome man... you rock.

How long have you been riding?
I got my motorcycle license back in 1973. But, how about the sound of those pipes?? :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Registered
321 Posts
orangeokie said:
You were an old fart back in 1973! . . . Here's a pic of me back in 1973 as a young sveldt Marine in Torremolinos Spain . . . Those pipe are awesome BTW!

Man, that boonie sure brings back memories. I used to ride with guys who had that,and that tiger triple too. Mean machines. :dblthumb

Yup, I was an old fart in 1973 too!! But, I was a fast old fart on my Kaw 900 Z1!! :banana. Back in those days, it wasn't no competition like we have now between the bikes. It was one king for a while.

BTW, You ain't exactly no spring chicken either!! :)

Nice pic man, real nice. We are real lucky to still be around, and still ridin.. :beer

Be safe out there,

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Registered
308 Posts
you are all bastards! i love rc51s, and just when i stop thinking them and how to go about saving up for one - somebody has to post a vid, pic, or story about riding one! :lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
ProfessorChaos said:
Nice vid of that mountain run, ended to soon though.
Yeah, that is in W.va, sweet roads. It would be nice to get a run with no traffic on that road.. Wow.. sweet curves and the RC51..Life is dam sweet!! :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts