Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike parked in a hotel parking lot that I was staying at last weekend.
Apparently they sprayed the parking lot down with tar because I saw the truck there as I was leaving. Unfortunately I didn't think anything of it at that moment...the bike and area around it looked fine.

Last night I actually went to clean the bike off and guess what I found. Tar spots everywhere! Even a big blotch of the shit in the head light/black plastic part a little larger than a quarter.
I'm rip shit!

Does anyone know anything I can use to get this stuff off possibly?

·
Registered
813 Posts
This happened in my neighborhood.. They got tar all over my Jeep Grand Cherokee.. I called the company and told them what happened.. you won't believe this but they sent out a mobile auto detailer.. washed my car and waxed it for me!!! All the tar was gone and the Jeep looked awesome!

You might want to call the hotel?

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Yep or charcoal lighter any "petroleoum" based splvent will do. Stay away from anything strong especially laqure thinner. It will leave the tar and strip the paint... it isnt a petro solvent base thats why. Even deisel fuel will do and not mess with the paint.

Tar is nothing, good thing it wasnt overspray. I parked at a friends place over night and the painters across the street were spraying on the 30th floor. A epoxy based sealer base for the topping..... that thick heavy shit actually carried across a 5 lane road at a intersection and made dam near pimples all over my 2 week old Z-71.

First time I used the wipers it shreaded the rubbers... Then I looked and saw why. I gad to very carefully block sand the entire truck and buff it still had paint in the grioo openings and the glass was a nightmare...

The painters had so many troubles they split from the job and went back to America :D

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now a long time ago I heard that peanut butter somehow works.

Anyone ever tried it?

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
sbcstang said:
Maybe try Bug and Tar remover. I've seen it in the wax section of auto parts stores.
+100

THIS WORKS GREAT its called Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Reckless01 said:
+100

THIS WORKS GREAT its called Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover
Who would have thought? Removing tar with tar remover! :twofinger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts