Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a couple of skunks that decided to live under our trailer and DAMN do those things smell. The damn things will spray for no reason at all...Anyone willing to come wrestle with the skunk and make it leave?

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
two words....

Smoke-Bomb

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
no_morelipfrom_you said:
Shoot it.

Tell you what. Pay me a couple hundred bucks, and I'll come shoot it for you.... Better yet, order me 2 tires for my SV and have 'em ready for me. I'm on the way now. :D

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Wal-mart carries a surprisingly powerful pellet rifle for under 175.00 - Gamo Shadow - with a 1,000 fps velocity. It's very accurate and will easily handle a few skunks -

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Colch636 said:
throw moth balls under there, they hate them
1+ this will work.....buy a few bags and let em have it.....they wont come back either. Also pepper spray (the strong shit like for alaska bear) will leave them wandering around the yard itching their eyes and give you a clean shot at them. This way you can rid yourself of them without having them rot under the house and stink worse. :cheers

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
I heard moth balls work for mice and bats too.....anyone know why?

much for the same reason why YOU dont like they way THEY smell....its unpleasent and it irritates them so they simply move on :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
dont shoot. please dont shoot. they are animals for crying out loud they feel things. ... get them out any means other than that...... I love animals. maybe a paint ball gun. that would be funny. i have one if you need it

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
I can agree with not shooting if you have another option however.....some animals are territorial and will continue to return to that site and unless they are "dealt with" they will have litters of lil stinkers and your homestead just became peppe le pew's daycare center. I give em 1 chance then they meet the business end of a 7.62x39mm

·
Registered
181 Posts
Moth balls work, so do rags soaked in ammonia (this may depend on any pets you have as well). You can try using spot lights or any type of bright light source under the trailer. Plastic great horned owls will also help in scaring them away. Make sure not to leave birdseed on the ground, pet food outside, and make sure your garbage cans are sealed. You may want to use ammonia in the garbage cans as well.

When they are gone cover the holes they left behind and keep an eye on them for a while.

In defense of the skunks. They don't just spray for the hell of it. It's actually their last line of defense, rarely used. Skunks are actually useful lil' creatures, since they eat annoying insects. Plus spiders like black widows, which is a good thing.

edit: Don't shoot the skunk. Yes that's a quick fix but it won't really fix anything. Obviously they find the location to be ideal for a home. That means other skunks will more then likely think the same thing. So change the conditions that make it a good location, and you won't have to worry about them coming back.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
dreamy333 said:
dont shoot. please dont shoot. they are animals for crying out loud they feel things. ... get them out any means other than that...... I love animals. maybe a paint ball gun. that would be funny. i have one if you need it
That's right.... Piss 'em off with a painball gun so they spray you. :rolleyes

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Poison them.

·
Fuck Milk!!! Got Pussy?
1,347 Posts
what ever you do video tape it just incase something funny happens so we can all see what happend.

I vote for the paint ball gun that might be fun. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
moth balls do work, my father used them at our ranch to keep skunks out of the barn a couple of years back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is no reason to hurt an animal. An animal control officer told a coworker to urinate in his yard and the skunks will leave on their own.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
St Francis said:
There is no reason to hurt an animal. An animal control officer told a coworker to urinate in his yard and the skunks will leave on their own.
What happens if you live on the outskirts of town and have neighbors on either side of you who don't support PETA? Let's set this one up...

Stank-ass skunk moves into the crawl space under the house. Family dog has been sprayed once already, forcing the resident to move the dog inside. The resident is a big-time PETA supporter, but can't stand the smell of said skunk and wants to get it to go away. Animal control officer says he can't get to it while it's under the crawl space, but recommends the homeowner whiz all over his yard in order to get the skunk to leave. PETA supporter thinks that's a brilliant idea and heads to the corner store to get a case of Coors Light and a few bags of pretzels in preparation for a big piss-party. Friday night rolls around and PETA-guy sets up his folding chair on the lawn right next to his cooler full of beer, grabs a cold one, clicks the radio on and starts in. Three beers later, he's happily whizzin' away on the nearest patch of grass (not on the trees, mind you... can't hurt the trees). Six beers later he's chuckin' beer cans in the garbage can (keeping the environment clean, mind you) and pissin' all over the bushes next to the house. Nine beers later he's stumbling around, fumbling with his zipper and singing "Happy Days". At this point the neighbors have taken notice and are repulsed with his little piss-querade. They phone the police. 12 beers later and our PETA-man is passed out on the street with a beer in one hand, piss all over his pants and a red, puffy face as a result of getting sprayed by the skunk that he finally decided to confront "man to man". PETA-guy is now plowed, pissed on, sprayed, handcuffed and sitting in a jail cell for the duration of the night all because of his desire not to hurt the innocent little skunk.

He should have shot the prick and been done with it. There's more than one skunk on the planet -

·
Registered
304 Posts
Rat poison. It works for rats and mice. What's wrong with using it for skunks?

If you have an ant or roach problem, you don't try to motivate them to leave, do you? No, you kill them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts