Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this in the fz6 site but thought i would also put it in here since we all go to tortilla.
well it happened. was out for an early ride on the 4th met up with my brother-in-law for a ride to tortilla. no traffic and was all good to the restaurant. my brother-in-law had a video camera strapped to the back of his bike to video me on the ride and i could see where i was scraping pegs and refine my riding techniques. told him i didnt feel like pushing it i just didnt feel right. was it because i stayed up till 2am drinking and up at 5am for the ride or did i have esp or something. went up the hill and things were great getting more confident and then it happened. went around a 15mph tight turn and not pushing it or anything went into it around 25mph, usually go in hotter than that to scrape pegs and keep going to the next one. and half way through the turn there were 3 rocks the size of my fist. hit the back brake to slow a bit and straighten up to go around it but too late i hit it with the front tire. tried to continue with the turn but felt like the bike was going down so all i could do was straighten up and brake. at that moment after hitting the rock i was in a panic oh shit state of mind. from the woble and not knowing what to do my right foot came off the peg so all i had was the front brake. almost had her stopped but ran out of road and there was no shoulder. just the hill. i flew off and down the bike went into rocks and bushes. laying on the ground all i could do was curse and think what the hel just happened when i got up my brother-in-law was asking if i was ok and told him thank goodness i had my jacket on or my tattoos would be no more. then i thought "my wife is gonna kill me." really i think i almost had her stopped cause there are no tears in the jacket just some scuffs and my helmet didnt even hit the ground. luckily a truck stopped and had some tow ropes to pull the bike up the hill to the road. checked the bike out and seemed ok. no major dammage. no fluid leaking, breaks and rotors fine, controls all good. i then threw the damn rocks out of the road so noone else would have the same fate as me. started up the bike and rode her the rest of the way up the hill. only slower this time. and to top it all off my wreck was all caught on video.

Attachments

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Never seen big rocks on the track. Have seen a snake, knee sliders, and exhaust off a TZ250 and a golf ball.

Atleast you're ok from what it sounds like. Bikes are pretty easy to fix most of the time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
the flats has a rep of eating bikes, one of my roomates took a header off a cliff last month on his gsxr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts