Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it happened. was out for an early ride on the 4th met up with my brother-in-law for a ride to tortilla. no traffic and was all good to the restaurant. my brother-in-law had a video camera strapped to the back of his bike to video me on the ride and i could see where i was scraping pegs and refine my riding techniques. told him i didnt feel like pushing it i just didnt feel right. was it because i stayed up till 2am drinking and up at 5am for the ride or did i have esp or something. went up the hill and things were great getting more confident and then it happened. went around a 15mph tight turn and not pushing it or anything went into it around 25mph, usually go in hotter than that to scrape pegs and keep going to the next one. and half way through the turn there were 3 rocks the size of my fist. hit the back brake to slow a bit and straighten up to go around it but too late i hit it with the front tire. tried to continue with the turn but felt like the bike was going down so all i could do was straighten up and brake. at that moment after hitting the rock i was in a panic oh shit state of mind. from the woble and not knowing what to do my right foot came off the peg so all i had was the front brake. almost had her stopped but ran out of road and there was no shoulder. just the hill. i flew off and down the bike went into rocks and bushes. laying on the ground all i could do was curse and think what the hel just happened when i got up my brother-in-law was asking if i was ok and told him thank goodness i had my jacket on or my tattoos would be no more. then i thought "my wife is gonna kill me." really i think i almost had her stopped cause there are no tears in the jacket just some scuffs and my helmet didnt even hit the ground. luckily a truck stopped and had some tow ropes to pull the bike up the hill to the road. checked the bike out and seemed ok. no major dammage. no fluid leaking, breaks and rotors fine, controls all good. i then threw the damn rocks out of the road so noone else would have the same fate as me. started up the bike and rode her the rest of the way up the hill. only slower this time. and to top it all off my wreck was all caught on video.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Damn dude.

Glad you made it out ok.

The bike doesn't look too bad. Replacement parets aren't overly expensive, and the tank looks fine (that's the expensive part).

·
jess wanna ryd
315 Posts
Hey glad you made it out of that ok. Hopefully the bike isn't hurt to bad.

ceek

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Wow, I'm so glad you're okay and the bike seems fine too. I would keep the scratched stuff for a while.

That's exactly my nightmare. I hate blind hairpins, hate them. The tollerences are so small, and room for recovery is not there. And I keep seeing crap off people's trucks in the road. Saturday it was a full sized trash can blowing around on the freeway, and a suitcase and contents all over a 20mph turn. Luckily it was the outside, and most of the crap went off the road.

Note to self: be more willing to stop and clear road debris. It could save someone a lot of suffering.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
<rubbernecking> Yes, please do. I'm wondering about your recovery efforts, which seem to have nearly worked, in spite of the bad situation. </rubernecking>

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vid

im sure gonna try to upload the vid but have to find a server to post it on. any sugestions? plus i have to convert it due to being on a regular video cam not a digital one. just gave her a rub down and looks much better than before. the worse part is the oil pump cover. she sure isnt as bad as it could have been priced most of the repair parts at ronayers and only bout 300 or even a little less due to closer inspection not everything i thought will have to be replaced. a little sore today but still could have been much worse.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Glad to see you came out mostly unhurt. Bike really doesnt look too bad after the wash that you gave it. Be carefull when you order replacement parts. Its kinda easy to order the wrong side on some things.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Glad you are ok. Just remember bike parts are replaceable body parts are not.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Try MrCycles.com, they have schematics of all the parts for the FZ6 on their website and the corresponding part numbers, and you can order them on the same page. Plus they are pretty cheap, the entire front plastic piece on your FZ6 is only like $65. The covers on the right can be removed, sanded, painted and put back on easy enough. If you do it right you'll never know anything happened.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah ill have to check out mrcycles. dont really think sliders in this situation would have helped since it didnt hit the road. it fell into bushes, big rocks and soft dirt. might have helped and might not have. had been contemplating putting some on but was worried bout it when i read in here that someone cracked the frame after a fall with them on. that was just one post out of the many i have read that actually made the situaltion worse. still looking into them but havent decided. just have some road rash on my knee but thankfully i was able to get home and see my family.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Getting home to the family: :beer

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad your ok. If you are looking for replacement parts I have used JT Motorsports at WWW.Crotchrocket.com. The prices are fair and did not have to wait long for a mirror. Good luck man...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts