Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm out riding last night, on my way home from a small meet about an hour away. I'm on the freeway, doing about 70, and I switch lanes to the right to pass a car, and as soon as I am in the other lane, BOOM!

Nothing broke, I don't think, but I ran into the biggest pothole ever. The front tire HAD to be all of the way in it, which means it had to be at least 3 inches deep, and in a motorcycle I believe that is a big deal.

I about shit myself, the bike stayed straight, but it was still rather nerve racking to be jerked around that hard.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I hit a pot hole hard enough to make my right mirror move. When I got home, twenty miles later, I noticed the right blinker lens was missing. I drove back to the scene and found the lens, undamaged, on the side of the road.

·
Registered
912 Posts
check your rim. You could have bent it hitting it that fast. See if your tire is losing pressure

·
Registered
61 Posts
mercutio80 said:
I hit a pot hole hard enough to make my right mirror move. When I got home, twenty miles later, I noticed the right blinker lens was missing. I drove back to the scene and found the lens, undamaged, on the side of the road.
Were you riding a Harley?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
now imagine hitting that pothole w/ a short chasised bike like all the 600SS bikes.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
TheYellowDark said:
Were you riding a Harley?
:lol BUAUHAUHAHAHA :slaugh

*shoots grape soda through nose*

·
Registered
61 Posts
mercutio80 said:
I was riding the Triumph.

Hey, YellowDark, what do you ride again?
Hey there,
Lighten up Mercutio, I was only making a joke. I didn't mean to insinuate that you ride the dreaded evil Harley.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Roads up here suck..., truck traffic + ice does not = good roads. Hit one last night.., usually, my a$$ will leave the seat, but my feet actually left the pegs, too.

Yeah..., may want to loosen the suspension until track time

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Roads around here suck to. The winter tears them apart. Theres roads in my city that are completley covered in pot holes and bumps and loose gravel, it blows. Then i find it funny when they attempt to fix them but fuck the roads up even more.

On the highway around the city, theres a small tunnel that goes under city hall. During the day when i go under it i can't see the friggin road. I go from sun to darkness with my tinted visor. Well....they began workin on it a few weeks ago and im going through at about 80 when all the sudden BAM!! i hit a huge pot hole....i slammed my nuts so hard on the tank, it hurt so bad i had to pull over :a2 . Ever since then i stand up going through there at a slower speed :D

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Biggest pot holes I've seen are in Chicago and Scottsdale Az. I hit a pot hole the size of Alaska one night comming home from Scottsdale, and bit my damn tounge. oh p.s. don't chew gum and ride...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RACER X said:
now imagine hitting that pothole w/ a short chasised bike like all the 600SS bikes.....
I think a smaller, lighter bike would have gone airborne, if it wasn't swallowed by the hole.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I think I got you all beat dudes. I had my bike for like 4 months, I went home on leave and while riden I hit a pothole and it knocked the bike so hard it knocked it out of third and into nuetral! I tankslaped and couldn't power out of it cause the bike was in N. Thank god it corrected it self but I had to pull over and check my pants. BTW only a little stain LOL!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've hit a couple of bad ones over the years and yes all pot holes suck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
japbike said:
Biggest pot holes I've seen are in Chicago and Scottsdale Az. I hit a pot hole the size of Alaska one night comming home from Scottsdale, and bit my damn tounge. oh p.s. don't chew gum and ride...
thats what you get for trying to look cute while riding :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Minnesota... land of ten million potholes.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Ha! You've seen nothing!

I've been hit by the father of all potholes!

I was heading to the airport at night, it was a dark and lonely road on one of Mexico's City's principal roads.

I got to an "intersection" and took this part of the road that most of the time is packed with buses, but being 12am it was lonely, and suddenly...

I swear I saw it, then I felt how the bike was going upwards, a sensatin that I had hit my head against a wall, pain in the back, then bouncing like two times, the tail of the bike was lose I was barely able to stop it.
I just went to the side of the road, parked the bike and gave myself a couple of minutes to recover, then checked the bike, because I was sure something should have been broken (fortunately nothing broke), I just had to re-adjust both mirrors and tighten one...

The next day they repaired that trap, it was almost 6-8 inches deep and very long, my bike was able to fit in there...

As that part of the road is usually packed with buses the pothole grew incredibly fast, and well, closing it during the day to repair it, wasnt' an option.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Itchy said:
thats what you get for trying to look cute while riding :)

I'm already cute.. :lol the gum and my lid just helped the cuteness factor... :D but the bloddy tounge!! woohoo, then I was RAWK'N cute!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having problem with potholes, I'll definately check the front tire/rim befor e I go riding today.

If it is bent, just all the more reason to go to the ZX9R wheels!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts