Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im pissed! I found a left over silver R1 for $7695 at a dealership. The probelm is noone will take trade or buy my duc off me unless I want to loose a ton of money. Im sure its because of the timne of the year and that the rding season is coming to an end. I guess I'll just have to sit on the duc till next year and let this R1 go! :mad:

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
maybe your thinking your duc is worth more then it rally is......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would hope a ducati 916 mono in excellent shape with forza fast by ferraci carbon fiber exhaust is worth more than $4000.

·
Registered
116 Posts
pfd53 said:
I would hope a ducati 916 mono in excellent shape with forza fast by ferraci carbon fiber exhaust is worth more than $4000.
I agree, I think it's worth more than $4K. Yeah if I were you I would sit on it and look for even better deals over the winter.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
$4k to you, and they have to make $, so $5500-6000 retail.

why not sell it yourself. you might get $5-6 as well.

most ducs are in good shape, cuz most have very few miles compared to other bikes. my friend sold his 996 w/ 20k and he lost his ass.........cuz of the miles,

how many on yours?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well KBB, NADA are guides.....watch ebay auction for similar bikes and see what they sell for. thats true market value. i wouldn't pay $7k for a 9y.o. duc.. hell i almost bought a 748 3yrs ago for $7500 or thereabouts. but then again, i'm a cheap bastard........:lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I agree with Racer X, you are NEVER going to get what you think your bike is worth at a stealership. Trade in value is always lower. they have to offer you less, so they can mark it up and make a profit.

Try to sell it yourself.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is only ONE reason you can't get a good $$ for it....dealers aren't selling 9 yr old machines to kids these days(especially Itailian works of art), they want 1k, brand new superbikes. The market sucks for Italian bikes, and dealers know it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts