Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was alerted to this peculiar situation by a friend of mine. Not sure if anyone else has heard of this but it seems hella crazy. This was on the today show also but that didnt help to clear up the issues. Basically a nationally publicated book with a website as its name (katie.com) belonged to someone else who had nothing to do with the book. Ironically the book is about sexual molestation and the internet.
Just go here to this website and read it...then go to the mentioned website in the original website and you will see what i mean.

Katie.com

·
Registered
279 Posts
That sucksssss

·
Registered
584 Posts
Big15 said:
I will be staying away from any websites dealing with sexual molestation!
+1 on that...

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You know that some little Japanese guy with a business here was forced to give up his website name because it his name is the same as a car manufacturer. Mitsubishi or Mazda or something. I saw it on the news awhile back.
The guy had the website for years, but big corporate money won out and the little business owner got screwed. Wonder how it is for him driving in traffic and seeing his name on the back of a car- when that company screwed him out of his own name!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
hmm kinna makes ya think that maybe ppl need to check to see if names are copywriten.... **hint**

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
It's kinda hard to copywrite a name. My last name is Wood, now give me royalties on everything made of wood, identified in slang as wood, etc. Oh jee how nice no one will. And fuck you all very much.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
That does suck for the owner of that web site.

I wonder if the author of the book even looked on the net to ever see if there was a site called www.katie.com?? I bet they didn't...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You know that some little Japanese guy with a business here was forced to give up his website name because it his name is the same as a car manufacturer. Mitsubishi or Mazda or something. I saw it on the news awhile back.
The guy had the website for years, but big corporate money won out and the little business owner got screwed. Wonder how it is for him driving in traffic and seeing his name on the back of a car- when that company screwed him out of his own name!
It was Nissan, and he originally won the suit. I just checked, though, and his site is down. Too bad.

http://www.nissan.com/

The car company is:

http://www.nissanusa.com/

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like another name lawsuit I heard about once. Quite possibly and probably bullshit but funny all the same. There was a guy in Italy who had a restaurant called Dicapprio's. Like third generation owned and operated under that name. Leonardo Dicapprio's people sued and won so the guy had to change the name of the operation his grandfather or whatever had started 2 generations before Leonard was even born!

As I said, probably bullshit but it wouldn't surprise me in the least for it to turn out to be true.

·
Registered
205 Posts
TheSollyLama said:

that was Nissan
http://www.nissan.com/

He owneda computer store (nothing to do with cars) and did business on the net doing computer repairs and sales.

Nissan didn't get the domain name fortunately
Unfortunately, he can't use it for his business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts