Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a night ride and practically hit a racoon, rabbit, and an armadillo! WTF! The armadillo's are the worst tho cause you never know which way they are going to run. Night riding doesn't help cause you don't see shit like that till you are on top of them!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't over-ride your headlight and it won't be a problem. You should be at a speed that allows you to stop or evade anything that comes into the path of your light.

If you're in a hurry or running late, don't take the bike.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
i was in a wheelie and almost hit a rabbit once. but my biggest fear yet is having a wasp/bee somehow fly into my helmet while im riding. from then on it all goes downhill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
brentsR6 said:
i was in a wheelie and almost hit a rabbit once. but my biggest fear yet is having a wasp/bee somehow fly into my helmet while im riding. from then on it all goes downhill.
Well, some random animal running right into my path while in a corner USED to be my biggest fear!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
freeride said:
Don't over-ride your headlight and it won't be a problem. You should be at a speed that allows you to stop or evade anything that comes into the path of your light.

If you're in a hurry or running late, don't take the bike.
All 3 incidents were under 40mph. Funny cause If I were on a faster road I would have been riding at least 60mph. Then I would have really been screwed.

The only one that really worried me is the armadillo. The little booger was in the left third of my lane and I passed on the outside. Just before I passed, he darted for the outside leaving me a slim strip to make it past him. Would have spelled disaster for sure.....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
brentsR6 said:

its not the helmet Im worried about... ever get one or TWO down the front of your jacket? Small as my boobs are, they get jammed in there and sting the hell outta ya. Has happend to many times to count. You think that after that many stings, they would of had some effect on my boobs, and stayed swollen. DARN! pain for nothing... :D

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
never had a wasp or bee fly down my jacket, but it always crosses my mind that one could fly into my helmet when im riding with my visor up. its at that point i flip it down.

Armadillos are dangerous because they can jump at the last minute. Little buggers can hit you about chest high.
yeah ive heard about this. my friend told me that the majority of armadillos that become roadkill are killed because they get freaked out when a car passes them and the jump up and hit the underside of the car. :confused:

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
brentsR6 said:
I was riding with my buddy and he was on his new HD fat boy. I saw a big ass bee fly into his helmet and it stung him. It came out but he didn't know. He pulled over, jumped off the bike, and over it went. Scratched up some chrome and bent the handle bars but that was it. He was lucky he wasn't going faster than he was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts