Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin got taken out yesterday.... Crusing down I-25 in Denver, on his '02 F4i.. about 70 MPH. He was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway. Both of the outer lanes started braking kinda hard, but the middle lane kept going. My cousin, Tim, started on his brakes, when a car in the fast lane decided to JUMP into the middle lane, so they wouldnt have to hit their brakes. No shoulder check, no mirror check, NOTHING, because they hit is REAR tire... Not his front, but his REAR tire.
Sent Tim into an instant highside at 65 MPH... He flew about 10-15 feet up and 65 feet down the highway, and his bike followed him, stopped about 50 down. He landed on his head, and rolled against an 18 wheelers tires that was stopped.
He would be dead right now, because he has never worn a helmet in his entire life... It just so happens that our other cousin fraged his R6 a few months ago, and gave Tim his helmet THAT MORNING... It was the first day EVER that Tim wore a helmet, and it saved his life.
He is okay, sore, but nothing broken.. I just wanted to post up to wear your gear.. I'll try to get some pics of the helmet and bike up here.

PS. the car that hit him tried to run, but all the stopped traffic blocked them in, and everybody kept them from running. Turns out they had no insurance, no Drivers License, and they were illegals.. Go figure

·
Registered
418 Posts
Glad he is ok. Gear definitely saves lives, especially helmets. I don't ride anywhere without my gear, regardless of how hot the weather is or any other factor.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Dang! Somebody upstairs loves him. I bet he'll be wearing a helmet from now on. Unbelievable. I hope he heals soon enough to buy his first helmet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts