Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jeez what to say. im flustered to say the least so ill just spit it out and go from there. had another off a couple of hours ago. his name is wes. i myself was not there, but from what im told he ran over a gatorade bottle and lost control. from the marks and whatnot i would estimate 40-60 or so. ran up on the curb, then off, then bike slid into another curb. not sure on wes' condition but have been told its not good. i left work to go to the site and the ambulance had already been and gone. bike is fucked. no gear :(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ok. Last line in that made my heart stop.

Good luck man. Let us know if you need anything.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do i know him GK?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats two friends in less than a week. get your gear dude. now even i dont wear full gear 100% of the time but i do the majority. when you never wear gear at all eventually the inevitable will happen and it will only hurt if you are lucky... :(

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blueyedevil said:
Do i know him GK?

im sure you have met him. he is the one that has that beat up tiller thats broke down atm. he was riding willy's 600

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yep thats who i thought it was. How bad is he?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueyedevil said:
Yep thats who i thought it was. How bad is he?

as for his condition, i know nothing

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ayup. A helmet just isn't enough.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update...

wes is ok, well for the most part. he got like 50 stitches in his head, broken wrist, road rash on face, head, arms, leg, knee, hips, and his eye is practically swollen shut. with a helmet he would have walked away. he got very lucky and will be back to normal in no time it looks.

now to get up and see rob...:(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Good.. he just well enough for you to kick the shit out of him for not wearing gear.

·
Tallahassee Powersports
1,084 Posts
Dont know him, but wish him a speedy recovery.... Get some gear, and WEAR it, its cooler than 50 stitches in yer head!!

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
lee, man, sorry to hear about wes. um, yeah, when his wrist is healed, beat the holy hell out of him for not wearing anything at all. hell, at least wear a helmet if you think skin grafts are cool and all...

haven't met him (I don't think...), but I wish him well. let me know if there is anything i can do...

·
Registered
920 Posts
I went in last night after i got back into town to see wes. I was shocked to see how bad he looked! I felt so bad for him..But i agree with lee if he were wearing a helment he would have walked away! Times like this we just thank god that nothing worse happened. I hope he recovers fast and is back on his feet soon. He is a good friend and i hate to see him hurt. Sorry to hear that willys bike is totalled. I hope that things get resolved and back to normal..So if your gonna ride wear the gear!!

His injurys were:
Two inch laceration above right eye, 6 inch laceration middle of forehead back into his hairline which the DOC could left 4 inches of skin off his skull. They sutured fine and scaring shouldn't be to bad. Y shaped laceration right elbow.Road rash on cheek close to eye also right shoulder, hips, forearms, knees. Roadrash on face and shoulder equal to 3rd degree burns. Severe brusing to right thigh and right eye swollen shut.Also suffers a broken right wrist which will probably require surgery. Must of his impact was on his face and to see his glasses you'd think he died. But hes doing well!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The tiller he has, did he get it from the impound yard? If it's that guy, I've met him once. Reguardless, I wish Wes a speedy recovery.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zts gixx said:
The tiller he has, did he get it from the impound yard? If it's that guy, I've met him once. Reguardless, I wish Wes a speedy recovery.

eh, beats me man :dunno

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wish him a speedy recovery. Yup having gear he might have had no injury. How in the world do you crash from hitting a bottle did he panic when he hit it?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
smokenjoe said:
Wish him a speedy recovery. Yup having gear he might have had no injury. How in the world do you crash from hitting a bottle did he panic when he hit it?

well givin my experience i would say it was a panic situation after hitting said bottle. all i can really do is guess as i was not there. when he gets feeling better he may come on here and shed a lil light

1 - 18 of 18 Posts