Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't think he is trying to win friends. His words are meant to enrage the exact population he is speaking to. In doing so, it challenges those people. Americans, for the most part, don't back down to challenges they can face. The hispanic population has shown more drive than even the caucasians, I would say, because they don't tend to complain about what raw deal they have been handed, nor do they become complacent. They get out there and bust their ass day in and day out because they intend to accomplish what they have set out to do.

By speaking bluntly, Cosby probably hopes to push his race to do the same thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
who cares, freedom of speech let him say what he wants. Looks like the press is getting bored with the usual stuff going on in the world so why not stirr up some shit back home

·
Registered
430 Posts
paulF3 said:
Don't think he is trying to win friends. His words are meant to enrage the exact population he is speaking to. In doing so, it challenges those people. Americans, for the most part, don't back down to challenges they can face. The hispanic population has shown more drive than even the caucasians, I would say, because they don't tend to complain about what raw deal they have been handed, nor do they become complacent. They get out there and bust their ass day in and day out because they intend to accomplish what they have set out to do.

By speaking bluntly, Cosby probably hopes to push his race to do the same thing.
+1 .... I think Bill is doing the right thing by pointing out the problems as he sees them and hopefully getting a reaction from the people he is talking about..... and personally I think that the people who berate him for speaking out are actually doing more to hurt their own people when they should be backing him and trying to make a difference.

Good Job Bill!!!

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
YAY BILL!!!

You guys see Jessie Jackson while Bill was speaking?

He was standing there dumbfounded (a natural look for that idiot/king of controversy)

Bill undid in 10 minutes what Jessie had worked SO HARD to do in 12 years...and thats work the black community up into blaming the white man for ALL their troubles

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
LifeLiberty said:
I think jesse was backing Bill. and they are trying to get the black community to stop blaming whites for all their problems.
Thats a contradiction of what Jessie has stood for over the past decade.

I went to college at the same place Jessie did and every year he would come back to speak.......the man never failed to dissapoint me.

It was hard being the only white guy in the crowd and having to shake my head at what he was promoting.

However.....I don't doubt Jessie now backing Bill.......seems the times/tides are changing, and Jessie is just like another famous flip/flopper who changes his agenda according to what people CURRENTLY agree to most

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think that he is on the right track. he speaks the truth, the problem is most of the community seems to want to blame someone else (white people) for their problems. Bill is pointing out that is wrong and showing them where the blame layes.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
It makes sense to me also to a degree. He can't group all black people together like that though. It's only a percentage. That is what poverty does to people. You don't see that happen (as much) in the middle class bracket. Look at the white people in the same category and they are just as bad off. It's just something white people accept I guess. I guess it seems there are a much greater percentage of black people like that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That Bill Cosby is a smart guy, I totally agree with him. Hopefully that'll provoke some change.

·
Registered
452 Posts
This somewhat reminds me of Malcolm X, who also used inflammatory speeches in an attempt to motivate people during the Civil Rights Movement.

Also, the Hispanics aren't the only ones that "don't complain"... look at Asians.

·
Registered
36 Posts
jtoker13 said:
the problem is most of the community seems to want to blame someone else (white people) for their problems.
Actually that's not just a problem with the black community (whatever that is), but with the US in general. If things don't work out the way people want or something bad happens, americans blame others b/c they don't want to accept responsibility for their actions.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thast great. See bill is sayin everything that i would say but thats b/c we both arent in the shitty situation that he is describing. The only time negative things effect you is when they directly relate to you. I kinda wish i was raised poor, so i could feel good about trying to do something for myself and working from the ground up to the heavens. But on the other hand hell if im not happy that my parents were able to take care of alot of shit for me. I will feel like a loser if i can't do as well or if not better than my parents were able to do.

Also the comment about it not jus tbeing lower class blacks, you look at the white trailor trash ect. and they will have there own problems and that's a given anywhere you go. I guess the main difference there is they didnt deal with slavery to hold them back for many of yrs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts