Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I towed my bike ('08 GSXR 1000) to the dealer to figure out what was wrong with the bearings, which kept going bad in the rear wheel. While there, I asked them to do a recall fix for the brake cylinder. I was the first one in the city to ask about it, and the dealer did not have the new parts yet. It was getting cold, so I told them to just hold on to it until the part comes in, and I will pick it up with everything fixed.

The bearing problem was identified and I chose to get it fixed myself, so that was $90 for the diagnostics. But while getting the brake cylinder changed, my gas tank was scratched. The dealer told me about it only after I inquired about the hold up. They told me that they had sent it out to a repair shop to be painted (of course free of charge for me).

This bike has never been laid down and was in a perfect condition. Now I will need to explain to the future buyers that this paint job was done because a dealer messed up, and not because it has been crashed. What would you do? I am at loss of ideas in this situation.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.

A proper repair on a 5 year old bike is not going to devalue it.

I had a small area I airbrushed to clean up a scratch and it didn't devalue the bike a dollar and it was only a few years old.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
If it is done correctly, it is invisible. It is not from a wreck so I'd not worry about disclosing it

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am refusing to pay the $90 for the evaluation. I need to get something out of this.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a completely perfect tank with stomp grips and tank protector. And any dealership deserves to be taken for some cash. They do it to us on a daily basis

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It was a completely perfect tank with stomp grips and tank protector. And any dealership deserves to be taken for some cash. They do it to us on a daily basis
You go to the dealer on a daily basis? Have you NEVER made a mistake at work? I've heard of dealerships doing much worse than making a mistake, telling you about it, and fixing it for free. Its a 5 years old bike, relax

·
Registered
65 Posts
Feel your pain took my $50.000 F150 in to have a rear slider window repaired under warranty only to get it back with several scratches and a big blemish on the rear passenger door..They asked what proof i had they were not there when i brought it in..Needles to say i was furious and would have rather lived with a faulty rear slider window than the damage i received getting it replaced..I had issues with my bike as well finding different things done wrong when having warranty issues repaired and demanded i be allowed in the shop while work was being done and they agreed..

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Are you kidding me? So because you don't agree with the shop rates, you feel you are right to cheat them out of money?

You are not owed anything but a fix to the tank which you are given. Quit trying to fuck people over and grow up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I wouldn't jump to conclusions until you see the repaired tank, maybe it won't even be noticeable?

Maybe it will be blatantly obvious.

reserve judgement and expectations until then.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you kidding me? So because you don't agree with the shop rates, you feel you are right to cheat them out of money?

You are not owed anything but a fix to the tank which you are given. Quit trying to fuck people over and grow up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Not to step on toes cause i am fairly new here BUT if it's true they never even mentioned it until he inquired about the delay,not to mention the extra down time if he was in a area that he could ride right now he would be with out a bike and the fact it was a perfect tank with factory paint and custom bits like stomp grip and tank protectors i feel he deserves compensation for the trouble..To say it is a 5 year old bike not to worry is completely not in my vocabulary..My 08-750 was bought new and i spent 5 years keeping it perfect and would be devastated if it happened to me,regardless of how it turned out..Like i said in my other post after having issues i demanded to be in the shop when they worked on my bike and it is a well established shop,and there i seen a lot of young kids going from working on a muddy quad then leaning over brand new sport bikes with there muddy shirts and pants or dropping parts and generally being no were near as careful with tools around customers bikes as i would be working om my own..I have seen it at car dealers and bike dealers at several shops so pretty sure its the norm..I think waving the $90 charge for the diagnoses is the least they owe him in compensation for the mistake they made..

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
They should cover the repair, and replace the stomp grip if it had to be removed for the repair. They should put it back in the condition it was in, which is easily done by any decent body shop. Beyond that they dont owe you a fucking thing. They are already doing the right thing by getting it fixed immediately rather that letting you show up and bring it to their attention. Stop being a bitch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm guessing the next closest Suzuki dealer is a bit farther away? Is burning them really worth making yourself unwelcome there just so you can "get something out of this"?

Ask the body shop for a warranty on the paint work and get on with your life. You'll forget about this after your first ride in the spring.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
They should cover the repair, and replace the stomp grip if it had to be removed for the repair. They should put it back in the condition it was in, which is easily done by any decent body shop. Beyond that they dont owe you a fucking thing. They are already doing the right thing by getting it fixed immediately rather that letting you show up and bring it to their attention. Stop being a bitch.
I know. this dealership deserves some praise if anything, for fixing it without too big a hassle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know. this dealership deserves some praise if anything, for fixing it without too big a hassle.
The won't continue this way for long if this keeps happening. They have done right by you and lost money already as I assure you the repair will cost them more than you are paying them. Screwing them over for doing the right thing just puts them one step closer to screwing the next guy instead of doing the right thing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I am refusing to pay the $90 for the evaluation. I need to get something out of this.
Your a cheap beech

Go work on your own crap.

Your obviously not that bright if you have constant issues and piss off your local dealership by trying to rape them.

It was getting cold
A whiney beech

The bearing problem was identified

So they did what you could not do, or didn't want to do.

Man up dude :birdy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts