Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my boots last week and wanted to do a small review about these for the rest of you.

First off all I only do street riding so I was looking for a boot that would work best for my riding purposes. After looking at almost every boot available I found some that were either to bulky in the toe area and found it hard to shift and others that were more suited for track days. I came across these while looking through the Dainese website and they looked exactly like the type of boot I was looking for. Not to mention the quality that Dainese has.

The Fit:
After a few emails and a fax with a outline of my foot Frans from Dainese figured out my correct size in euro sizing. I normally wear a 10.5-11 in U.S. sizes and he came up with a size 42 in these boots. These fit very good and are nice and snug on my feet. They have two styles of these boots, one is a zipper waterproof boot and the other has a strap with a ratchet type system. I chose the latter of the two. The strap has plenty adjustment and works flawlessly and it would be pretty hard for these to come off your feet in a get off.

I also wanted a boot that would also be comfortable while off of the bike and wouldnt stand out too much walking into a store, resturant etc. These boot have Vibram soles and they are as comfortable as tennis shoes while walking in them.

Protection:
These boots are made in Romania, made of cowhide and have protective areas on the toes for the shift lever. They also have armor underneath the leather that protect the ankle on both sides of each boot, also inside the boot you can feel armor around the back of the heel. They do cover about 3 inches above your ankle and have a little padding in the shin area. Pants or jeans will fit over them no problem.

Overall I am very happy with the way these boots are made and how the feel on and off the bike. They are perfect for everyday street riding and if you dont want to go with a full race boot these are perfect. The toes are small enough to fit under the shifter with no problem and the soles grip the pegs good also.

I ordered these direct from Dainese Dainese Pro Shop The total price with shipping to the U.S. was $168.00. Frans shipped these out to me on a Friday from Germany and I recieved them the following Monday morning even though he said it would take 3-4 working days. Pretty fast shipping from overseas.

Here are some overall pics of the boots and what they look like wearing them. (Excuse my legs, trying to show how far up the leg these go in the last pic.)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Good writeup. I like those boots for everyday use. Have you walked any great distances in them? How comfortable are they while walking alot?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have walked around in them for about a hour while off the bike and I thought they felt comfortable. For a example, if you were going to the mall you could keep these on and wouldnt be uncomfortable. I loosen the strap when not on the bike and it gives a little more room inside for walking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts