Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a D&D exhaust for my f4i for only $187. is this a good price or is it a chep exhaust. i dont want to get it if its not a good performence pipe. what do you think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that is a pretty good price, but D & D is not exactly high proformace. D & D's rep is basically they have one of the loudest sounding pipes. But at that price it sure beats a stock pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey rad, where did you find the D&D for that price? Im looking for one for the Gixxer. The cheapest I can find is $220. Maybe it is just more expensive for the gix750.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Ugh, I hate D&D pipes. Fit and finish is usually sub par and they are excrutiatingly loud at higher RPM's. I hated the D&D pipe that came on my first cbr900 I bought.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found it at bikebandit.com. i looked at yours and they only have the full exhaust. $612.44. bumer!!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Yes that is a good price. I have one and love the thing but they are loud. I grew up on HD's so I like loud.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like its to loud for me. i dont want to wake people up when i go to work every morning at 6:30 everday. my neighborhood would be a lot up set with me. they dont like me as it is. they are all old fokes.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
There is a difference from the rumble of a Harley twin, compared to the blender on steroids that the jap inline 4's sound like with D&D pipes.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I don't really think your neighbors would hate any more than they already do, at neighborhood speeds(20-25) it really isn't a big deal(loudness).

·
Registered
28 Posts
i've had a vance and hines and a two brothers on my other bikes in the past..... they all seem the same to me...... not loud when cruising. but as loud as the others at high rpm...... i definately like the sound of this D&D pipe.... and for the price you cant beat it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts