Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a d&d on my '03 gsxr 600. its too damn loud its drivin everyone crazy, anyone know how i can quiet it down a bit. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The only things you could really do is pop the rivets or screws on the end of the can and repack them. D&D pipes are notorious for being ridiculously loud at higher RPMS. I personally despise them. Another thing you could try is getting a pipe insert. Many pipe companies make them and they significantly quiet the exhaust tone. You may sacrafice a tiny, almost insignificant amount of power though. Look into those inserts. D&D might not make them for their pipes, but other companies do for theirs. The concept is the same regardless of pipe, you would only have to figure out a way to mount it in the can, which wouldn't be hard at all.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i like the fact that my D&D is loud. it pisses off all the damn soccer moms around here.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
D&D = trash

·
Registered
912 Posts
Redstar = gay

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't really mind my D&D pipe. Loud pipes DO save lives. The bike came with the D&D and seems to be okay I guess. There is no doubt however that at higher rpm's the fooker is loud! I would probably put a Micron can on a bike if I bought a bike stock. Nothing earplugs can't solve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took my D&D apart and removed about half the packing,It was packed very tight,I also changed the look,I think it sounds a little quieter and deeper.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you could sell it and get something else

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
D&D=nice! i would get one but i already have enough problems with our so called "law enforcement" officers so i cant really afford the attention. it sucks to know that i have a disease called "stunter" disease and cant help to wheelie and stoppie everywhere i go! im gettin an akrapovick bolt-on whenever i can save up $579.99!!! parts for these bikes are too over priced!!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If you stunt your bike everywhere, why on earth would you pay big bucks for an akrapovic system? You don't really gain much power over other exhaust companies, yet you would pay 2x as much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts