Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Karns performance in camp hill.

Hartsdale road behind the capital city mall.

THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I Recommend u guys check them out. They are riders just like us and provide excellent customer service. Always willing to work out a deal with u. Got my valves checked for 60 bucks.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Karns performance in camp hill.

Hartsdale road behind the capital city mall.

THESE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I Recommend u guys check them out. They are riders just like us and provide excellent customer service. Always willing to work out a deal with u. Got my valves checked for 60 bucks.
Checked your valves for $60 on an R-6... I can tell you that they NEVER dis-assembled ANYTHING to check your valves. They listened to it with their ears and said "Valves are good"
How many miles do you have on your R-6? If it's less than 24k, you didn't need to check them.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Checking valves is a 2 hour job on most faired ss bikes, and requires new gaskets at least. Ron (Papa) knows his shit, so for $60 you got gypped.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
B&B Yamaha in Lancaster, Pa.

Good shop, great service. best place for inspection, Will pass a highly modded bike.

Good prices on gear & every body get 10% off all parts. If there is a part on the market, they will get it for you.

Manheim, Pennsylvania, KTM, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Scooter, Uttility Vehicle, Dealer, Used,, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

+1. fairly cheap parts and accessories. Great inspections, and tire installs. Their labor prices are kinda high, but they do great work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Horns Outdoor in Mt Bethel Pa. As far as price goes, I paid MSRP for my ninja, but didnt pay freight or assembly. I cant argue, it was a cash sale, probably had some room to bargain, but I dont nickel and dime people when I want something I dont really need. Scott and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread here but just wanted to share my experience with Washington Cycle Works in Washington Township, NJ. (the one further north, apparently there are two washington twnshps in NJ)
I had my suspension setup done there for $50 and it was the best $50 I spent on my bike. The guys there are great. If you never had your suspension setup, I would highly recommend this. It's actually not a very difficult thing to do but for $50, why not let the experts do it for you. I just surprised dealers don't do this for you when you buy a bike, especially new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
keystone kawasaki below altoona pa

i was interested in purchasing a 2011 zx6r and trading my 650r. through ur website i found a dealer about two hours from me that had one in stock. keystone kawasaki. i called and was told they would be happy to deal with me so i rode down there got waited on right away and was given an out the door price. was then told that i would have to come back because it would take them two hours to get ahold of hsbc credit to get things straightned out there. i came back after waiting around for two hours and was told it would be another hour so again i left and then called back an hour later i was then told by chipper the manager that it was to late in the day to do anything about it but if i wanted it he would deliver the bike at no charge i said i would call him the next day. i was kinka discusted at that point because they made me waste a whole day and i got nothing i was ready to ride it home that day. but anyhow after calming down i tried calling the next day and got told everytime that chip was busy and could not talk. the next day was sunday so i tried monday and was told he was off to call tuesday the 16 so i did call today at 9:30 am and was told that he thought the bike sold and he would have to call me back.. needless to say i never got a call back...i find this highly unprofecional. if they didnt want to deal with me on my bike why didnt they just tell me so i didnt wast a whold day two hours from home. by the way the friday i went to there store i got there at 12am and hung around the area waiting till 430 because i was told he would do his best to get me on that bike that day. even told me he was getting it serviced so that would be done...this is a email i sent to kawasaki about this dealer i was and still am very dissapointed in how i got treated it was uncalled for all he had to do was say that he really didnt want to do the trade and i would have said thanks for ur time and went for a ride on my 650r but no instead i wasted a awsome riding day haning around the area waiting for a call..

·
Registered
3 Posts
now for a good dealer review

i recently posted a email that i sent to kawasaki about a bad experaince at keystone kawasaki..now here is the email i just sent to them about how good i got treated at best line kawasaki in center hall pa

i wanted to send u another email. a positive one this time. after my horrible experiance at keystone kawasaki i calmed down after talking with you and contacted another dealer a little closer to me (best line kawasaki in center hall pa) they did not have a zx6r in stock but christina the sales person there said that she would do some cking and see what she could find me. she spent most of a day looking and calling me back seeing what she could do to get me in a price range i could afford. she never went much over an hour and a half with out calling me and letting me know what was going on and how things were looking. and in the end she was able to work a very good deal with me and she had one brought to the store and i picked it up friday the 26th of august. Now there was a dealer who did not even have the bike in stock but was willing to do everything they could to find me and help me purchase the bike i wanted and if they couldnt have she still at least called me every 90min or so to let me know how it was going. unlike keystone who just blew me off.. I give best line a lot of respect and gratitude for how i was treated and they should be honored for there customer service.. thank you very much for calling and emailing me back on my original problem because just that little effort on your part made me want to stay with kawasaki even more. I dont think companies realize how much customer realations still mean but in this day of social media word of mouth is better then any advertizing u can do. i have already put posts on a few foroums telling people of my bad experance at keystone kawasaki and i will be posting how good i was treated at best line shortly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone dealt with Planet Honda in Chadds Ford?
I bought my KX-450 there. Never had any work done an to be honest wouldn't. I try to do all my own work.
They seemed to be a lot more pushy then most dealers. The thing that really pissed me off was the whole "If I can get you to this price will you take it" and they make you sign the paper with the figures on it! It's total BS.
I'd never buy a bike from them again. Good deals my ass.
I know there in with mikes famous hardly a Harley davidson. I just find that whole thing a scam.
That said I'm sure they do the business but eh, not my taste.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought my KX-450 there. Never had any work done an to be honest wouldn't. I try to do all my own work.
They seemed to be a lot more pushy then most dealers. The thing that really pissed me off was the whole "If I can get you to this price will you take it" and they make you sign the paper with the figures on it! It's total BS.
I'd never buy a bike from them again. Good deals my ass.
I know there in with mikes famous hardly a Harley davidson. I just find that whole thing a scam.
That said I'm sure they do the business but eh, not my taste.

Just my $0.02
I put my bike down a few weeks ago. I hit gravel, recovered, then highsided. I have the worst insurance, and they are arguing with me about everything. They sent an adjuster to my house, two weeks after I called and reported the accident, who couldn't find the VIN on my SV and then when I explained to him where it was he argued with me and told me it would be better if he could deal with the man of the house. (So I made my dad call him)(Dad wasnt happy)

I live in S. Chester County PA, and its the closest shop. I would do the work myself, but I just dont feel comfortable. Especially with this insurance company. And at this point, I just want it over with so I can move on, fix the bike and switch insurance companies.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I put my bike down a few weeks ago. I hit gravel, recovered, then highsided. I have the worst insurance, and they are arguing with me about everything. They sent an adjuster to my house, two weeks after I called and reported the accident, who couldn't find the VIN on my SV and then when I explained to him where it was he argued with me and told me it would be better if he could deal with the man of the house. (So I made my dad call him)(Dad wasnt happy)

I live in S. Chester County PA, and its the closest shop. I would do the work myself, but I just dont feel comfortable. Especially with this insurance company. And at this point, I just want it over with so I can move on, fix the bike and switch insurance companies.
:( That sucks. I was really lucky to have a really good experience with my insurance company after my high side. Just to warn you, unless the damage is minimal, its likely they will total the bike. If they do, you can do the the buy back and have anyone you want fix it (with aftermarket parts, its usually a ton cheaper), since the insurance company will essentially be out of the loop. That's what I did and ended up fixing the bike for about 3 grand less than what the shop estimate was. If you're interested, the guy who works on my bike is in Bethlehem, has a trailer so he's willing to transport the bike to his place, and does phenomenal work. He's very familiar with Chester county because his mom lived there. Give me a shout if you want his info.

Oh, and if the insurance adjuster had said that to me, I would have kicked him in the balls, then called the insurance company, asked for his supervisor and raised one hell of a holy stink. That takes some f-ing nerve!

·
Registered
12 Posts

I don't know what exactly you need fixed with your bike. But that said I'd be more than willing to help ya out and get it on the road again. I know shop time is very pricy.
There is a dealer near me that I am very good friends with that might be able to help you as well.
Cyclemax.net is there site.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Unfortunately, I was on the phone with the adjuster because I was at work, he was at my house. If we were there in person, it would have been ambulance or body bag options...

Damage is minimal--we are at $1500 right now. The technician (Steve) at Planet Honda thinks its pretty straight forward--except for the fairing. He said that the SV's have a part in the fairing that you can't see until you take the fairing off that is usually toast if the fairing hits the ground and wouldn't be included in the estimate.

This is my first time dealing with this insurance company, and will be my last time. I didn't raise a stink but i made it very clear I wasn't happy and now some top dog like CEO or something (I can't remember her title) is handling my claim personally. While that is nice, it really doesn't make it all better.

:/

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Unfortunately, I was on the phone with the adjuster because I was at work, he was at my house. If we were there in person, it would have been ambulance or body bag options...

Damage is minimal--we are at $1500 right now. The technician (Steve) at Planet Honda thinks its pretty straight forward--except for the fairing. He said that the SV's have a part in the fairing that you can't see until you take the fairing off that is usually toast if the fairing hits the ground and wouldn't be included in the estimate.

This is my first time dealing with this insurance company, and will be my last time. I didn't raise a stink but i made it very clear I wasn't happy and now some top dog like CEO or something (I can't remember her title) is handling my claim personally. While that is nice, it really doesn't make it all better.

:/
That's good. It was the tank and the exhaust that killed me. One of those ugly OEM cans costs a grand to replace! Ridiculous!

He's probably talking about the front fairing stay. I had to replace mine. It costs about $300 list (but I got mine for $200 from a place on the internet). They seem to be made of cardboard tubing, lol, and just bend as soon as the thing touches the ground.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ok. Talked to insurance company. They are sending a different adjuster back, and will cut me the check directly.

Maybe I'll throw an SV repair party... :)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Ok. Talked to insurance company. They are sending a different adjuster back, and will cut me the check directly.

Maybe I'll throw an SV repair party... :)
I have a TON of experience! I rebuilt the bike myself after the accident. Lots of cursing. Thank god for service manuals.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts