Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cutting cat off 09 fz6r and welding a pipe on. Will I need power commander or anything else? Or will it run just as it does now? Bike is stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It depends on what else you are doing. The cat is a restriction, but that alone may not be enough to require fueling changes. If you're doing intake changes like cutting the air box snorkel off and less restrictive exhaust, you would likely need a power commander or some other method to adjust fueling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's all I'm doing other than changing sprockets but not sure which ones to use I'm trying to get a faster 1/8 mile e.t. at race track. Would you know anything about what size I should use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on what else you are doing. The cat is a restriction, but that alone may not be enough to require fueling changes. If you're doing intake changes like cutting the air box snorkel off and less restrictive exhaust, you would likely need a power commander or some other method to adjust fueling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's all I'm doing other than changing sprockets but not sure which ones to use I'm trying to get a faster 1/8 mile e.t. at race track. Would you know anything about what size I should use?
Sorry, not much help on sprockets. Are you trying for a better hole shot or higher top speed. You don't get both. Some of these links might HELP

At an 1/8 mile strip RT plays a big factor. If you're not maxing your top speed/rpm by current gearing, then getting a faster low end might help. If this is a dedicated drag bike, you should be doing something different on the intake side and exhaust end for maximum benefits. If you're going strait pipe, no cat and minimal filter w/o an air box, you will want to tune the fueling for the set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and that's all I'm doing other than sprockets but not sure what size I need I'm trying to get a faster e.t. on 1/8 mile racetrack. Do you know what would be best?
Sorry, not much help on sprockets. Are you trying for a better hole shot or higher top speed. You don't get both. Some of these links might HELP

At an 1/8 mile strip RT plays a big factor. If you're not maxing your top speed/rpm by current gearing, then getting a faster low end might help. If this is a dedicated drag bike, you should be doing something different on the intake side and exhaust end for maximum benefits. If you're going strait pipe, no cat and minimal filter w/o an air box, you will want to tune the fueling for the set up.
Tha

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are you running out of rpm at the end of the strip?

And what tooth count are you running now, front and rear?

You probably want to move to a smaller front and a larger rear for quicker acceleration.

Watch some of the videos listed at the link I posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts