Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a full leather suit and it just not right. Its way too tight and if I get the next size up it will be too long? I guess they didnt make the suit for a more muscular person. I also tired different brands and no luck. So can I take it to a shop and have them alter it to fit better? will that make it less safe in a get off?

Also if all else fails I guess Ill have to go custome suit but that would be way out of my budget. But can be done but will take a while to save up for.

Any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Find a shop that does leather and have them let out the seams a bit, but triple stitch it back. As long as they use good thick leather and solid seams, it won't be any different in a crash.

I've heard of some guys here in SoCal going to shoe repair places. If you want someone acustomed to fitting suits, have it custom tailored at the race suit shop. They have the experience and it'll be cheaper because they won't be supplying much material.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
http://www.racingleather.com/home/home.html


He does alterations, but I'm afraid it's very difficult to make a way too small suit any b*****. So your best bet might be to have him make you one. Takes a little while, but it'll fit you like a second skin when you're on the bike. $800~1200 for a suit, unless you go nuts with the options/graphics.

Scott :)
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts
Scotteq said:
http://www.racingleather.com/home/home.html


He does alterations, but I'm afraid it's very difficult to make a way too small suit any b*****. So your best bet might be to have him make you one. Takes a little while, but it'll fit you like a second skin when you're on the bike. $800~1200 for a suit, unless you go nuts with the options/graphics.

Scott :)
+1, he made my suit...$1000 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RACER X said:
+1, he made my suit...$1000 :D
Sounds good. Racer X could you post up a pic of your suite from BB.

Also how do they compare to Z Leathers on quality, price, and customer service?
 

·
old member
Joined
·
13,079 Posts
A shop that makes custom suits can also alter an "off-the-rack" but you may end up paying more total than for a custom.

I had great luck with Zooni leathers
http://www.zoonileathers.com
Juan does excellent work and you get to pick a design plus colors. About $1100.
 

·
Combat Marshmellow
Joined
·
13,132 Posts
RayOSV said:
A shop that makes custom suits can also alter an "off-the-rack" but you may end up paying more total than for a custom.

I had great luck with Zooni leathers
http://www.zoonileathers.com
Juan does excellent work and you get to pick a design plus colors. About $1100.
+1 i'm exremely happy with my cusom suit from Zooni...
i couldn't fit any off the rack stuff because of my build 5'10" 220
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
After dealing with Aerostich I'm convinced that custom is the only way to go for any type of riding suit.

When I need a 1pc leather suit I'm definitely not going to go with an off the rack suit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Flatout said:
Give me a call if you want to try a custom from vanson
Who does the alterations?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
MoO_coW said:
Custom suits are custom, as in one offs.
Then what would be my incentive to go through a middle man for a 100% custom suit? Why wouldn't I simply go directly to the manufacturer?
 

·
what R you lookin' at?
Joined
·
5,313 Posts
Shortguy said:
Sounds good. Racer X could you post up a pic of your suite from BB.

Also how do they compare to Z Leathers on quality, price, and customer service?
Z is good stuff as well. the way i decided was to goto the WERA race BB, those guy's crash alot and ask them...did a poll. not really sure if i put Z"s on there. i never really heard anything GREAT about them.

but i did have Vanson's, SYed, BB, i guess Z's...anyway Vansons won, but they were $1400, BB was 2nd at around $1000

so i went w/ BB
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Mykl said:
Then what would be my incentive to go through a middle man for a 100% custom suit? Why wouldn't I simply go directly to the manufacturer?

Because going direct to vanson you'll pay full retail. Going thru me you won't pay full retail :)

Slava

the beauty of being a dealer :)
 

·
#1 Gear Nazi
Joined
·
4,748 Posts
Awesome my Alpinestars SMX-Airflo Jacket is going up for sale as well as my Alpinestars 2-pc suit, so I can fund these leathers! I want my name and number on mine!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top