Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need something like [username]TheWraith[/username], which would hyperlink you to my profile.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
TheWraith said:
We need something like [username]TheWraith[/username], which would hyperlink you to my profile.

Just throwing my .02 in.

I think this would be a cool idea. That way, if someone ever posts something like "TheWraith knows all about that kind of stuff," it would automaticly let the person view Wraith's profile and send him a PM without having to do a search or looking up his name to get the PM sent some other way.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bingo.

You could go so far as to add the following additional to provide EXTRA short cuts:

"[pm]Gimpdiggity[/pm] can help you out with that."

~ or ~

"[garage]GimpDiggity[/garage] has some pictures of his Ducati that has that...(whatever)...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Yah, this could be a useful thing.

Hopefully Fred can get it installed...I know that I've had to PM a few people lately because someone else told me that they could hook me up or whatever, and it's a pain in the ass to go to do a search for posts by that person, then click on their name, then click to send a PM...if you could do it all from just a click on the name in the original thread, that'd be nice.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Maybe I don't know what I'm saying...............But if you click on a persons name above there avatar a list of options drop down for that person

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're absolutely right but this is what we're saying...

Let's say you hadn't posted in this thread. And, let's say I wanted to tell Gimpdiggity he should PM you for more information about (something). Without you posting in this thread, your name wouldn't be here to click the drop down options for. But, if this vBCode we're talking about was implemented I could type something like this:

Gimpdiggity, PM [pm]alaska cajun[/pm] for more information on that thing...

The code serves as shortcuts for links you might otherwise have to dig for. Without you posting in this thread he'd have to search on your name to find one of your posts, THEN click on your name for the very menu you're speaking of - or he'd have to go to his UserCP, go to Private Messages, then "compose".

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
OK

That's mo better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts