Sport Bikes banner

Custom Kawi ZX6R Build Thread

988 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Traceur333 
#1 ·
Wasn't sure if I should make a build thread or just reveal the project once complete in a month or so. Not to give up all the suspense per say I will keep the photos black and white for now :crazy

Here is the planned list of mods
1. New white paint scheme - hope to get me in the BOTM contest!! lol
2. Powder Coat wheels, levers & heel guards
3. Plasti dip the forks to match the wheels and the paint scheme
4. -1 +2 Chain Conversion and new colored chain. Also will match the paint/wheels.
5. Possible Akra exhaust and PCIII
6. SS Fender Eliminator Light in addition to the pinebox light (not bright enough - safety comes first after all)
7. Puig Rear Hugger
8. Clean the tail: Add cowl, Remove pegs, relocate brake res.
9. Blue Led lights
10. Tint headlights slightly, tint turn signals. .

Already have 6k HID kit, brand new Q2 tires as well.
-----------------------------------------------
First when I got her....Already bought with yoshi.

Past years mods, new color wheels. Did not come out as I wanted :O

Here she is now: Installing the new fender eliminator to add to my pinebox light.

Here is the current stage: Removed both wheels, heel guards and levers for new powder coat. Also popped the chain and removed front sprocket.

Here is the new fairing paint job theme. Yes its white but there will be an accent color :)

Lots more to come soon! This process has been taking a while so I should be able to get the bike fully complete soon. Wheels are getting coated now. Will order chain kit today or tomorrow. Will add pics once I get stuff in mail as well. Chain, sprockets, puig cover, etc!

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm interested, primarily because this bike seems to have some of the most abysmal aftermarket support for some reason. That could just be me, but I remember originally getting the bike and looking for some stuff like fender eliminators and such where for most bikes you have a ton of options, and this one seemed to give you one maybe. I did the jumper mod and have kept it stock.

EDIT: You did do the jumper mod on there already, right? Didn't see it listed anywhere.

#10 ·
Nicely done. I have to admit, when I saw the first post, I thought "whoopee, another bolt-on 'custom' bike". But it came out very cool, and different from the rest out there. Good job.

PhilB

#11 ·
I dunno... the bright yellow/green kinda clashes with the red forks. That aside we don't see too many custom 07/08 ZX6R's around and this is easily my favorite year for Kawi's 600, visually. They should've stuck to this look and just fine-tuned it a bit cuz it's easily the damn sexiest Japanese 600 out there imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.