Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
$789.00!!!

They sell those same paint schemes on ebay for $320.00- USD
Unless the ones on the link are from the same place, the ones on ebay (usually from Hong Kong) have a reputation for being the lowest quality. You usually get what you pay for.

·
5,547 Posts
Unless the ones on the link are from the same place, the ones on ebay (usually from Hong Kong) have a reputation for being the lowest quality. You usually get what you pay for.
They probably make them in the same factory where they make fake rubber dog poop:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor

I actually like the Red Bull ones too. But I would like to see them in Galaxy Silver so the the plastics would match the gas tank.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The biggest problem with aftermarket fairings is the fit is so bad you have to cut the hell out of them to get them to fit or they melt from the exhaust. At the least, you will need to put some heat shield in the lowers and/or wrap your headers and exhaust in heat tape.

·
5,547 Posts
The biggest problem with aftermarket fairings is the fit is so bad you have to cut the hell out of them to get them to fit or they melt from the exhaust. At the least, you will need to put some heat shield in the lowers and/or wrap your headers and exhaust in heat tape.
They are claiming this. "High Grade ABS Plastic Sportbike Fairings, Pre-Drilled, Precision Fitment!" "Professionally Painted!" "Includes Heat-Shield Technology!" Wonder if they are telling stories?

·
Registered
197 Posts
They are claiming this. "High Grade ABS Plastic Sportbike Fairings, Pre-Drilled, Precision Fitment!" "Professionally Painted!" "Includes Heat-Shield Technology!" Wonder if they are telling stories?
Don't they all? :lao

To be fair, I have seen a few that fit pretty well with minor modification but none I have seen have looked professionally painted. My friends looked like a 5 year old applied the decals and after two hours looked like someone passed a blow torch down the right side of the lowers. He did get it replaced and it help up ok once he wrapped the pipes and put heat shield in the lowers. The paint did chip on them similar to what you see when you paint with rattle can.

They can work and they are sure a hell of a lot cheaper than OEM but I'd definitely find some with first hand reviews to know what to expect.

·
5,366 Posts
i have a set of silver/black ones that will be here in a couple days. Smashed the bike up at a track day so i went cheap and took a chance on them. Will post pics of fitment and quality when i get them.

on a side note my girlfriend just picked up an F3 for her first bike and it has nicecycle 7 star fairings on it. The quality of the plastics/paint is fine but the gaps are pretty bad fitment wise. The F3 has a bunch of small pieces that all fit together tho, hopefully in the case for our bikes it'll be a bit simpler fitment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do NOT buy from these toolbags. NICECYCLE is absolute junk. And yes those are ALL FALSE CLAIMS!!. Everything they claim on their site is a lie. I'm not going to get into a big discussion about this. I have already told this story a million times between multiple other forums and friends/family.

And after I e-mailed them 2 seperate times telling them how disatisfied I was.....they NEVER E-mailed me back. But before I bought the fairings I had E-mailed them a few times asking questions about their products and they E-mailed me back within a matter of hours. Once the fairings were bought. They vanished. I even turned a complaint into the BBB. The BBB forwarded my complaint and still......nicecycle did not even E-mail the BBB back.

Lets just say I have never been treated so poorly by a company in my entire life.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea I seen products like these on e-bay for cheap. They look cool but I still question the product since it is so cheap. And plus it doens't come with a gas tank cover, so you would have to match the fairing set with the gas tank color or just get the gas tank repainted. But my friend has a Suzuki GSXR600 and he just recent cracked his left and right side fairing so he was looking at this to buy for his bike instead or going to the Suzuki shop. But judging by this post, it doesn't seem like this product is so good.

·
Project Hungry
295 Posts
FYI...I personally know a guy at my church that bought these, and as soon as his motor temp reached 150 degrees F, it started to melt, and he bought them directly from nicecycle.com.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts