Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been seriously thinking about selling my bike and I was wondering what should I list it for. Can anyone help me out and give me some suggestions? I know that I can use NADA or so but I wanted to get the opinion of real world riders besides myself. I'm hoping to get around $8500 to $9000 what do you guys think? The bike will be for sale in the Augusta, GA area. Here is a link to my photobucket account with the pics of the bike. Thanks fellas/fellets.

08CBR1000rr Photos by bighurmjr | Photobucket

·
Slowpoke
1,631 Posts
You won't get $8500 selling the bike whole. I'd be surprised if you could get much more than 7000. If you want to get your money back put the stock exhaust and wheels back on and sell the aftermarket stuff separately. Just to give you a point of reference, I bought an 07 ZX10R out of the Atlanta area last year that was absolutely MINT with 1800 miles for $6000....and that was in May when prices are at their highest. CBR1ks seem to go for about $500 more than ZX10s...and that exhaust and the wheels would probably make somebody willing to pay more, but not $1000-$1500 more. GLWS.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
What KBB or NADA says it's worth and what you'll get for it are 2 different worlds. And realistically, that bike is now 5 years old. So I would expect offers of 4-6 thousand.

Good looking bike, BTW and GLWTS.

·
Supersquid
1,127 Posts
sweet jesus that is one fugly bike looks like an elephant sat on the tail then bashed its face in wth is honda doing

nice wheels though

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
+1 on the put it back to stock and sell the wheels separately. You will get far more selling it that way than if you sell it whole. The sad fact of life is that you never get back what you put in - racebikes are even worse with this!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the words of advice I appreciate it for sure. I have done a listing for the bike with everything on it and I will also do one in a little bit with all the factory goods installed again. I'm just trying to safe myself some time of having to remove all of the stuff to be honest. But in the end I gotta do what I gotta do if I want the most money back.... Sad but true fact about motorcycles. I'm definitely going to buy a Panigale though and it has everything I want stock so any addons will not likely be as major as what I have done to my CBR to get the look that I want.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
.....I'm definitely going to buy a Panigale though and it has everything I want stock....
The infamous last words of pretty much every Ducati owner in existence when they first get the bike, lol.

Your CBR1kRR is very well done, for sure. Just have to find the right buyer for the complete bike.

Best of luck with the sale!

-Christian

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^Thanks ANORXIC'51. I really think that there is someone out who is willing to take it as is setup.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Very rare to find a buyer that wants any customized bike perfectly as-is.

I buy and sell Goldwings as a hobby, and stripping them back to stock makes them sell easily. The bits all sell on eBay, and sometimes their value surprises me in a very positive way.

The highly customized ones just require a very special buyer that you may not easily find.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
A little off topic but just a heads up about the Ducati, have an extra 2k in hand to buy a new exhaust and tune just to get it running properly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
^Yep. ECU tunes/reflashes are HUGE on these bikes as far as improved rideability goes. And that usually goes hand-in-hand with a slip-on/full exhaust +air filter package.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sweet jesus that is one fugly bike looks like an elephant sat on the tail then bashed its face in wth is honda doing

nice wheels though
You know, I thought the same but ended up buying one. This is one of those bikes that just don't look all that great in photos, you just have to see it in person to appreciate the design. I still wouldn't say it's the prettiest bike out there, but I think it looks good in it's own way especially with some tasteful modifications to the exhaust and other bits.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
^Yep. ECU tunes/reflashes are HUGE on these bikes as far as improved rideability goes. And that usually goes hand-in-hand with a slip-on/full exhaust +air filter package.
Typically you get the can's and reflash as a package deal so what someone has quoted you also includes the cans, the reflash itself isn't that expensive, on the flip side the Ducati's run pretty good straight out of the box. You'd have to step back to the days of the 916 and 888 where a bit more fiddling was required to get them to run well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts