1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I don't know what kind of tire life the 003RS's give, but if I was only doing one or two trackdays on a set of tires, I'd probably go with the Power 3's. Once my DRC's wear out I'll be debating between the Power 3's and the Road 3's.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I may or may not know where to get Dunlop GPAs for $250/set if you are willing to come to Texas :whistle

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what kind of tire life the 003RS's give, but if I was only doing one or two trackdays on a set of tires, I'd probably go with the Power 3's. Once my DRC's wear out I'll be debating between the Power 3's and the Road 3's.
I've gotten *amazing* life from them - over 5000 miles with trackdays on both my 1125 and my S1000RR. Anything over 3500 miles is outstanding for me, and these have also been great at the track. I actually got significantly better mileage than BT-016s! The rear tire center compound is like a rock.

I could actually pick tires just by looking at the compound difference between the center and the edge on the rear of a given model - the stickier the edge vs the harder the center, the better profile life I get. I don't get why they don't go to even greater extremes.

KeS

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I was willing to pony up for a track day at the new Circuit of the Americas, but couldn't get my friends to buy in. Lazy bastages! I'll just have to suffer at Laguna Seca. ;)

KeS
No way was I dropping that kind of money for it! Even if it is only 10 miles from my house haha.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Yeah, what's the deal with Pures - are they discontinued? They aren't even on the Michelin web site since the PP3 and PR3 showed up. They've only been out a couple years, right?

KeS
Yeah, but I think they replaced them with the Power Cups.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
No idea. I haven't ran them yet. By the time I need new tires I'm hoping to find out rough tire life though. If they will do 7-8k, I'll probably go for those over the Roads.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Power 3's are badass man. The center 50% is harder rubber with 25% soft rubber on each side. Michelin says they last 20% longer than the Pilot Power 2CT. I have about 1500 kms on mine so far and they're great! As far as the profile goes, it doesn't feel like it "falls" into turns or anything to me, so I think you will be fine with the profile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts