Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys are looking to improve the looks and clutch action of your R1, try a set of CRG levers. Just put mine on last week and I am more impressed with the improved feel/action and adjustability than I am with their superior craftsmanship and great looks. I thought it would be the other way around.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've had the CRGs going back to the 2000 R1, and have them on all three R1s I currently own. They are certainly machined very nicely, and the lever reach adjustment cam is pretty trick, but there isn't any alteration in the clutch action or feel in my experience. Maybe your stock lever was defective or in need of lube.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be eyespy. I did lube after the swap out. Maybe the range of adjustment for me is what did it. I had a lot of slack in the clutch cable with the stock lever and I tightened it considerably when I changed levers.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I couldn't imagine not having them...

·
Registered
910 Posts
YammyR1 said:
Could be eyespy. I did lube after the swap out. Maybe the range of adjustment for me is what did it. I had a lot of slack in the clutch cable with the stock lever and I tightened it considerably when I changed levers.
Yeah, could be, that makes a lot of sense. BTW, I noticed you have the Scotts steering stabilizer on your 05. I happen to have one on my 00, which as you know never was equipped with a stock steering damper. What made you switch on your bike from the stock damper? Did you notice any significant improvements over the stock cheapie damper? With the stock damper on my 04 track bike, there is a lively amount of headshake when I am hard on the throttle, much more than on my 00 with the Scotts, but the bike do have different chassis characteristics, the 00 has a Penske shock, Lindemann forks, etc, so it's not a reliable side to side comparison between the two. I just ignore the 04 headshake and let the bars do their thing, maintain a light grip, etc, but I am curious of your observations. Thanks

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
they look good, I've been thinking about getting some soon.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eyespy- I really had no complaints with the stock damper, but I'm like you and have always removed it for a Scott's. There was some minor shake with the stocker when I really got on the throttle hard, but it was liveable(like you said, just relax my grip and let it sort itself out- as scary as that can be at triple digit speeds). I really enjoy the on-the-fly adjustment too.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice Voorhees! Matches your color perfectly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts