Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would Ride to work today since I didn't need to travel because of work and just take my time and enjoy the cool morning air.

I have a nice winding country road that cuts about 10min off my morning commute. I've came close to several squirrels and a few rabbits near the roads edge, they usually scurry off into the brush without incident(Well there are a few Squirrels that like to play chicken but that's another story..Hint I win...). Little did I know it was a premonition of things to come.

I merge onto the state highway and enjoy the rumbling sound of the my VFR as I get up to speed.

I turn on the road that leads up to office, accelerate to the 50mph speed limit and have about 2500 feet until the office entrance. Just then I see a black Corgi size dog hunkered down in the tall grass ready to pounce after me. I immediately grab the front and rear brake to slow down as the dog darts directly into my front wheel. I've slowed by then down to 20-25mph, I turn slightly to counter act the force of impact and brace for the impending collision. I feel an ominous thump thump as I run over the dogs head with my bike. :urowned .

I'm still upright!!! :banana I quickly access damage, No wabbles, no flats, so everything is cool, I check my mirrors as I continue to slow down an see him rolling on the pavement and the dogs legs twitching as he comes to a stop... Oh man... He's dead!!! I turn around to go clear the dog from the roadway and tell the owners who live across the street from the office. I pull about 12 feet from what I think is now roadkill, the little Fkr Jumps up and takes off running. Doing this as he runs off ---> :neener ...

I couldn't stop laughing for an hour. :eek:nfloor I'm not sure if it was because I was scared shitless or it was so damn comical.

I've ridded to work 4 years and this dog finally decides to chase me.... I guess He won't be chasing Red Bikes from now on....LOL

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
what the... so you ran over the dog's head with the front and rear tires causing him to twitch, and somehow he was alive and running around? Weird... probably has brain damage.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea.. I just knew he was toast.. But he ran off.. My buddy said he probably won't make it a couple of days before he dies....

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Thrash1 said:
Yea.. I just knew he was toast.. But he ran off.. My buddy said he probably won't make it a couple of days before he dies....
maybe this has happend to him before. I love dogs, but i hate owners who dont keep track of them. I found both my dogs. MY gf wont let me stop to look at strays because we end up with them always.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
DAMN!! that'll leave a mark. Might not have been as bad you thought, might have just stunned the shit out of him unless you saw his head go under the tire. Be amazed at how resiliant small animal's bodies are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. Reminds me of a very similar incident I experienced. To make a long story short, a guy hit my dog going about 45mph. Bumper connected squarley with his head, forced him under the car where he ended up being dragged about 50 feet. Ran over hysterically, he was just lying there, not moving at all. Get ready to carry him away and magically the little freaker just hops up!!! Besides some road rash from the drag (my dog is a squid, he wasn't wearing his gear!! hahah), he was fine. It was crazy b/c I swore he was dead. He got like rolled up underneath the car, his head got hit by the bumper square on and then was slammed back against the pavement. So yea, that was 3 years ago. No adverse effects at all. Had him all completely checked out, doctor said he's going to go, like it never happened. Crazy!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm glad you are alright, and hope the dog is alright also.

·
Registered
670 Posts
:eek:nfloor sorry i have to laugh...i like animals as much as anyone else but that shit is just too funny...glad your both ok though

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hams51 said:
Wow, that possum wannabe! How much air did you get from the dog ramp? hehehe.

Next time, try something b***** like a Golden Retriever. Work your way up through Rotweillers to St. Bernards.

Glad to hear that all work out. Would have certainly freaked the hell out of me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thrash1 said:
I couldn't stop laughing for an hour. :eek:nfloor I'm not sure if it was because I was scared shitless or it was so damn comical.

I've ridded to work 4 years and this dog finally decides to chase me.... I guess He won't be chasing Red Bikes from now on....LOL
This is funny to you? Why?

Sorry, maybe it's because I love dogs, but someone who laughs when a dog dies like this just strikes me as an asshole.

·
Registered
65 Posts
shamster said:

Sorry, maybe it's because I love dogs, but someone who laughs when a dog dies like this just strikes me as an asshole.
I believe he is laughing because it hopped up and ran away like it was rubbing it in his face, NOT because he hit it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
shamster said:

reading comprehension 101 dude j/k

the dog did not die. It jumped up and ran away. probably dain bramaged.

I'm sure he is compassionate enough to be sad if the dog did suffer any ill effects dead or not.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Reading comprehension passed. In follow up posts, someone said the dog probably wouldn't live long with that kind of injury.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh no... you think you killed a dog. It gets up as you get to it and prances off like nothing happened. A relief.. and a chuckle... possibly laughter.... yeah, sounds about right.

Even if it died... if you're christian, you think it's going to dog heaven!! yay.. Celebration time!

blah.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now how uncompassionate was it to see if the dog was dead and tell the owner???? Hmm... That's because I care about animals. The whole incident was pretty funny after the fact.. Don't get me wrong I love dogs. I own a Golden retriever who is not allow to run loose and get ran over by motorcycles. Sometimes dogs just do stupid things.

BTW.. I saw him running around. I saw sniffing around out parking area. So evedentally no I'll effects of your getting together. He did have a Michelin Tattoo on the side of his head. JK

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
The same shit happened to me when I was a kid. I was hit and run completely over by a cadillac, dragged a little. Muffler burn on my left arm, road rash on the right side of my head, I still can't grow a sideburn at 30 years old. Other than that I'm just fine. Me, this dog and your dog are part of an exclusive club!

Glad the VFR is ok, you're ok and I hope the pooch is ok too, cool story!

"Wow, that's crazy. Reminds me of a very similar incident I experienced. To make a long story short, a guy hit my dog going about 45mph. Bumper connected squarley with his head, forced him under the car where he ended up being dragged about 50 feet. Ran over hysterically, he was just lying there, not moving at all. Get ready to carry him away and magically the little freaker just hops up!!! Besides some road rash from the drag (my dog is a squid, he wasn't wearing his gear!! hahah), he was fine. It was crazy b/c I swore he was dead. He got like rolled up underneath the car, his head got hit by the bumper square on and then was slammed back against the pavement. So yea, that was 3 years ago. No adverse effects at all. Had him all completely checked out, doctor said he's going to go, like it never happened. Crazy!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts