Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was INSANE today in Central Indiana.
I work about 4-5 miles East of Indy and travel about 36 mi. south to get home. The road was covered in a very thin(maybe 1/16")layer of ice in a lot of places on the way home.

It was the kind of ice formed AS IT WAS RAINING,hitting the ground and then freezing very quickly. The kind of ice that is so smooth and slick you can barely stand on it let alone try to walk without slipping and falling!

Usually just having vehicles driving on the highway will keep at least a small driving lane where if you stay in it you can get at least a little traction,but not this time.

There were cars off the road all over the place. At one place on the way home we had to pull over and stop for emergency vehicles and I nearly could not get going again as no matter how I eased on the gas the tires would start to spin and I have brand new all season tire on my car.

Very freaky and I've driven in Indiana winters for like 27 years now so I'm no stranger to Winter driving,but today it was pretty much "Black Ice Tuesday"! This sort of weather coming into rush hour always hits Indy hard as for some reason the weather patterns just seem to follow I-70 from West to East.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing here in the Dayton, Ohio area... I haven't been out today though.
If you don't have to be out then DON'T!

If I didn't have to get home tonight there's no way I would have driven in it.
In fact I put my vehicles in the drive way at the rear of the house instead of on the street just so they won't get plowed into by someone losing control. The street we live on is just as slick as the state roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts