Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM STILL ALIVE lol...yeah so heres the story

So I was following Breaksfoyoface and I was right on his line so I dono what happened..All a sudden the handle bars started shaking all over so I straighted up and then the front wheel locked and started shaking even more..Next thing I know Im sliding along the ground and hit the cement embankment thing along the road and when I hit that the bike went up on my leg and we decided to slide some more. So finally it stoped and I just kinda rolled away.....thankfully some motorist in their behimith decided to stop and help me...thank god the did..Then aperfectool pulled up and they thought that I had lost everyone but then they realized that I fell and then Breakyoface came back and then went and got everyone...Some crazy ass guy went and rode it to make sure it was ok and so he could stunt on it lol. Then Breakyoface followed me back to causway..thanks man....and thanks to all yall that helped and all...glad to have people like yall around

SO bike got damaged and cut up arm some

And thats pretty much the story...not to bad of damage but hey this means i can now get new exhaust, flushmonts, etc.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sorry to hear ya went down but glad u and the bike seem ok.

fyi.. bunching your periods up like that randomly throughout your post does not make up for the lack thereof periods where they are required.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
more space cushion.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What you experienced is called a tank slapper, and was probably caused by a pothole or something of the like. The first step to surviving them is to get yourself a good steering damper. The second is to learn how to handle them.

You did the worst thing possible by holding on as tight as you could and trying to straighten the bars it only makes them want to shake more violently hence why you crashed. You just have to keep your arms loose and let it correct itself, I've heard you should stay on the throttle too but I can't verify that.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Meh2u said:
What you experienced is called a tank slapper, and was probably caused by a pothole or something of the like. The first step to surviving them is to get yourself a good steering damper. The second is to learn how to handle them.

You did the worst thing possible by holding on as tight as you could and trying to straighten the bars it only makes them want to shake more violently hence why you crashed. You just have to keep your arms loose and let it correct itself, I've heard you should stay on the throttle too but I can't verify that.
staying on the throttle worked for me. increasing throttle helped correct it.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i would think though, that the 500 is pretty damm hard to TS, w/o coming off a wheelie.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just for your information: I have had a tank slapper from hitting a pothole while leaned at 75mph mph and came out fine and I only have a crappy stock damper. I kept my arms loose and it corrected itself after about 3 seconds.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
What caused your front to lock up? Were you hard on the front brakes? You said you "stood it up"

·
Banned
912 Posts
It sounds like you had some bad front end chatter! When you braked the front tire didn't have a good contact pach and locked up! it Sucks man their realy isn't much you can do when that shit happens! Glad to hear your ok.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awwww, man, that bike don't look too bad. Just fix up the signals and brake pedal andy you're on your way. Leave the rash though... it adds character :lol

Glad you're okay.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well, I'm glad your ok, and from the looks of it, the bike isn't all that banged up...

Just make sure you scrub the hell outta your road rash and get all the dirt out. Just let the thing heal on its own, don't cover it up and put anything on it.. you should be ok! :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
the bike does not look too bad, and you are alright that's the important part.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Everyones telling him what to do, which is good for future reference. But someone could have told him before and he still probably would have crashed. Reading about riding yo ur whole life doesn't mean alot. Know what I mean? Id be happy that I learned something new and at least I didnt land going faster. Were you wearing gloves/boots? How are your legs looking? Good thing your alright man. Tell all the girls you got the rash from doing a wicked wheelie haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
naw I only had on my helmet...but srew that I went and ordered a sterring dampner and a jacket yesterday should be in today lol....next thing to get is some boots..

the leg is bruised a good bit

but hey now i get to mod the bike oh yeah flush mount time lol..but yeah i lucked out big time

1 - 20 of 35 Posts