Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one of these b/c PGood said they did pretty well for him. I'd have to say that for $11, you can't beat what it can do for you on a long ride. I just rode about 25 miles or so on 540 to test it out and I can tell that it would be worth its weight in gold on a SV trip. For those people who's thumb/hand go numb on a long stretch of hwy, this is the ticket.

http://www.crampbuster.com/

·
Registered
951 Posts
ApolloCreed said:
Thanks for the review, but really I dont' think 25 miles on the highway is enough. I think I'll save up for a throttle lock and look forward to your next review.
I used a crampbuster on the Seca for my trip to Chattanooga and back before I moved. (about 1000 miles round-trip) At no time did I experience any discomfort in my right hand, though my ass was a different story. I've not tried a throttle lock, so I can't compare, but IMO the crampbuster is a deal for $11. It's very natural once you get it positioned correctly.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I bought the cramp buster and used it for a 600 mile trip and it worked okay. I have a throttle lock now. One of the cheap $19 ones from cycle gear. I had to throw out the plastic piece that mounts it from the throttle to the cable tubes and made a custom metal bracket to fit it. It works so much better then the cramp buster.

·
Heath
333 Posts
I bought one of the Crampbusters too. I used it for a ride to Myrtle Beach one week. It's alright on highways, but I HATED it around town and in traffic. It stays in my bag...but I rarely use it. My last trip to the mountains, I didn't even bother with it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
BHW said:
I bought one of the Crampbusters too. I used it for a ride to Myrtle Beach one week. It's alright on highways, but I HATED it around town and in traffic. It stays in my bag...but I rarely use it. My last trip to the mountains, I didn't even bother with it.
Yeah, in town it's annoying unless you rotate it down out of the way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah I agree that in town it can be annoying, which is why I wouldnt have it on the bike unless I plan to take a long trip. Its def not as nice as a $100+ throttle lock, but the point is that it only cost $11.

I would say that its not really a cruise control as much as it is a temporary relief on your right hand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
PACKguy2 said:
Bought one of these b/c PGood said they did pretty well for him. I'd have to say that for $11, you can't beat what it can do for you on a long ride. I just rode about 25 miles or so on 540 to test it out and I can tell that it would be worth its weight in gold on a SV trip. For those people who's thumb/hand go numb on a long stretch of hwy, this is the ticket.

http://www.crampbuster.com/
Did you buy it locally or have to order it?

·
Because 3 > 4
579 Posts
The only time I ever used mine was the SV trip and it worked like a champ. Appollo, you need to look into this instead of the expensive ones since all those speeding tix are going to cost you an arm and leg.:twofinger

Not meant for use around town, only long distances and for 11 bucks, you cant beat it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.