Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well....this is my new MOD in process. I'm to cheap to buy a $300 chip. All I need is for one of you who already installed a PC on your bike to tell me exactly how many (and were they go) connections does it have.....all of em. I have enough equipment and schooling to be able to do this. The PC is a really simple chip, all it has that's complicated (if at all) is the USB connectivity to a computer.

Well let's get cracking! :locked :comp

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While reading up on the PDF manual for this MOD I found how to erase the fault history of our bikes! Like for example: you dropped the bike.......

Look in page 345 (chapter 7-12) of the pdf manual for our bike under Diagnostic code 62: Malfunction history code erasure. Enjoy!

BTW......still waiting on someone with a PC to step up to the plate and help me with the connections layout. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
FAZtER said:
While reading up on the PDF manual for this MOD I found how to erase the fault history of our bikes! Like for example: you dropped the bike.......

Look in page 345 (chapter 7-12) of the pdf manual for our bike under Diagnostic code 62: Malfunction history code erasure. Enjoy!

BTW......still waiting on someone with a PC to step up to the plate and help me with the connections layout. :)
Will this help its the PDF for installation of the power commander...
http://www.powercommander.com/maps/install/I410-411.pdf
Oh also found a pic of where the connectors are that you pull apart and plug the power commander in at.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puuuurrrrrrfect!!!!! And now to take over the world!!!

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
FAZtER said:
Puuuurrrrrrfect!!!!! And now to take over the world!!!
one FZ6 at a time. just dont get the ones that stall every now and then..... :eek:nfloor

sounds like youd need to fake the computer into thinking the air intake temp is colder than it really is so it richens up the fuel mix and advaces the timing. Ive heard of people doing this with a couple resistors on cars and trucks. im not really sure what im talking about here just rambling. (good pain meds doing the talking) :bitchslap

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been studying the circuitry and found out 2 things.

1. Not only am I going to make my own PC but also I going to make a Speedohealer! It's right there in front of our faces!

2. The PC doesn't use all the wires in the connections and just feeds them trough its connections. The PC people are smart, WTVa if you look at your pic you can see they made all the wires either red or white. That makes it a pain for me to figure what goes were without having it in front of me. Would it be too much to ask that you look in the PC wiring and try to figure what wire is just fed trough to the next connection?

BTW........anybody with the Speedohealer installation pdf?

And yes it might end up being just a resistance. I'm hoping ill be able to use a potentiometer to be able to adjust it on the fly.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
I dont have the speedohealer instructions handy but it uses the triangular connection located right next to the one shown above. just under the gas tank.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm.....seems that the Speedohealer one wont be as easy as I thought. Ill probably end up using a PLL chip (probably what the spedohealer uses anyways:lol).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I've seen these chips for my Taurus, I opted out of it, it can't be good for the engine in the long term.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I've seen these chips for my Taurus, I opted out of it, it can't be good for the engine in the long term.
There not good for the engine. Over a period of time this little mod causes carbon build up, that is if your talking about the resistors. A reprogrammed chip or ECU dosn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
segue00 said:
What are you trying to do?
Doesn't your ECU work??

No. I just don't fell like forking $300 for a PC. Id rather have fun trying to crack the inner workings of the ECU and make my own PC. I haven't really set on how I'm going to do this. It's way too early to say that ill use a resistor here or there. Right now I'm in the Cracking faze, the Hacking faze comes latter. :)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
You'd have to think that Yamaha R&D have optimized the chip to make the bike function as designed for normal operation. Are you planning on racing the Fizz? If so, mechanical alterations is the way to go rather than changing the fuel injection. If you want more top speed without sacrificing engine power at low speed, just change both the sprockets, rear and front, to larger ones keeping the ratio in reference to both the sprockets. As a matter of fact, if you can figure out how much your speedometer is off by, you can use this to compensate for the error. If your speedometer is off by 5%, just add 5% to your sprockets. If you want to go faster, say 10% faster, just add 10% to both of your sprockets (again, keep the ratio in between the sprockets). If you go do this, might as well go with a belt drive mod... :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
245 Posts
Guys you scare the crap out of me, I am a computer guy and a comunication tecnician, but I enjoy my bike, the last thing I want to do is hacking and working on it, you guys are the best.

Does that power comander really helps and if it does, what does it do?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fz6yamaha said:
Guys you scare the crap out of me, I am a computer guy and a comunication tecnician, but I enjoy my bike, the last thing I want to do is hacking and working on it, you guys are the best.

Does that power comander really helps and if it does, what does it do?
Well all I want to do is figure out the logics on the ECU and PC to make my own PC or at least be able to trick the ECU in doing what I want it to do.

The PC helps if you've played or changed anything concerning the fuel mix (air filter, cat, exhaust, ect.....).

As to what does it do I'm almost there figuring it out. I think that the PC bypasses the bikes ECU commands to C1 and C2 and in its place gives the command (or value) specified in the loaded map.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting thread. I've been looking at a problem on my 05 R6 kit ecu - it's peaking at 15200 rpm and should go to at leat 16000rpm. I've only found one company that offers to re-map the rpm limiter. It's maybe something you guys could make some money out of.

·
Registered
858 Posts
FAZtER said:
I've been studying the circuitry and found out 2 things.

2. The PC doesn't use all the wires in the connections and just feeds them trough its connections. The PC people are smart, WTVa if you look at your pic you can see they made all the wires either red or white. That makes it a pain for me to figure what goes were without having it in front of me. Would it be too much to ask that you look in the PC wiring and try to figure what wire is just fed trough to the next connection?
Well hate to say it unless I have my tank up again I probably wont be able to meter out the wires anytime soon, put lets hope someone is getting a PC soon and before they install it they can meter out the wires for you :lol
then again if I get real bored and its raining out and I can't ride maybe I will get around to it one day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
FAZtER said:
Well all I want to do is figure out the logics on the ECU and PC to make my own PC or at least be able to trick the ECU in doing what I want it to do.

The PC helps if you've played or changed anything concerning the fuel mix (air filter, cat, exhaust, ect.....).

As to what does it do I'm almost there figuring it out. I think that the PC bypasses the bikes ECU commands to C1 and C2 and in its place gives the command (or value) specified in the loaded map.
No, the PC takes the signal and increases (or decreases) its value by the given percentage. It doesn't completely discard the given "value". I also "ass"ume the outgoing connector goes directly to the throttle bodies, which don't take commands, only voltage. Since this is a closed loop system, you only really have control of fuel flow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
MORE ECU stuff

segue00 said:

Well im trying to figure out how the digital RPM pulse works, The Yamaha display is crap for the race track, you cant see the RPM bars very clearly. If anyone knows how the digital pulse for the RPM display works I can build a decent sized tacho.

The Power Commander must be alble to read this from the ECU as it is displayed in the tuning software.

Hacking the ECU would be real handy, you could then adjust the the "non' adjustable ignition timing.

Cheers!

Byron.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts